29

Riley's POV•

I rub my eyes and sit up, slightly scared when I don't realize where I'm at. Ugh, I hate not waking up in my own bed. I especially hate not waking up next to Marcel's adorable soft snores. Instead, I wake up in Jessie's guest room. Although the bed is comfortable, it isn't as comfortable as Marcel's. I slide off of the bed and immediately grab my phone to see if I have any missed calls or texts from him.

Nope, none. I'm surprised that I'm up at almost 9 in the morning considering the fact that I was up late last night. When Marcel texted me, I was so angry but so happy. I do feel bad for saying what I did. I miss him so much and it feels like I've been away from him forever. I need him but I don't know how this is going to work.

I just remember that I am starting work again next week. I haven't really been in the mood for working. It just drags me down and having to tell patients that they've lost their baby is too dreadful because here I am, pregnant and telling another pregnant lady that she won't be having a kid in a few months. It's scary when you really think about it. As I'm walking down the stairs, my phone begins to ring. Shit... it's Marcel.

"Hello?"

"H-Hey.. um.." He stutters and I stay silent. "Hi.." He lets out a sigh and I notice that I'm smiling.

"Hey." I say quietly. I can hear him sniffling and my heart pounds in my chest. "Marce-"

"Riley, it hasn't even been a day without you and I can't take it. I missed holding you last night while going to bed, I missed waking up this morning next to your beautiful face. Riley, if you could just come over, I can explain everything."

I let out a sigh and take a seat on the middle of the staircase. "What is there to explain besides explaining how you came inside of her because you weren't wearing a-"

"I was! Every single time, I was!" He shouts, but not rudely. It was the type of shout you do when you're trying to get your point across, when you're trying to convince someone to believe you. "You know what, just you wait and see. I'm going to prove to you that Katy's baby is not mine. I wouldn't lie to you about something so insane."

"Ok, Marcel..." I say softly, wishing I could just give him a kiss.

He sighed and a moment of silence passed by. "I was wondering if.. if you were still going to the viewing with me? I totally understand if not.. I was just asking because it's today at 6:30." He says flatly and I cover my mouth when I gasp. I completely forgot about the viewing and I have to go with him. This is like my free card to see him. Messed up, I know, but I need to see him at least once everyday. "Riley?"

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, I'll still go. Um, I'm guessing we'll be driving in your car?" I ask, hoping so.

"If you want."

"Yeah, that's fine. Could I uh, could I come over today, maybe? I just want to see Evie." Ok, so I lied. No big deal.

"Of course you can. And maybe you could just get ready here.. if you'd like." He says softly, hope clear in his perfect voice.

"Sure. Well, I'll be leaving in maybe an hour or so. I want to spend a little bit of time with Aiden. He really misses me and I miss him too, so."

"Right, right. That's cool. I'll see you when you get here. Drive safe, ok?"

"I will." I smile.

"Alright, I love you, baby." I can hear the smirk in his voice and it makes my heart flutter.

"I love you too." I say sweetly, trying not to squeal. It's like Marcel knows what to say, when to say it, and how to say it. He knows the effect he has on me and he takes advantage of it.