31

Marcel's POV•

As I sit at my desk and begin to fill out paperwork, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. In hopes it was going to be Riley, it wasn't. It was Katy.

"Ready to talk about this, or are we going to ignore it?"

I let out a sigh before replying.

"Yeah, stop by the office so we can talk."

I wonder what Riley is doing right now. I'm doing this for her. I know for a fact that Katy is not pregnant with my baby, and I'm hoping to get her to admit that. I will not lose Riley over a ridiculous and desperate lie.

Katy enters my office and anger floods throughout my body. She sits at the seat in front of my desk and I sit back in my chair, crossing my legs and looking at her as she looks around. When her eyes meet mine, she smiles and I roll my eyes.

"So what is there to talk about? Are you going to tell the truth?" I ask and she looks down at her lap.

"I think we all know what the truth is, here." She traces circles on her belly.

"Yes and that is-"

"You're not the father." She admits and I smile in satisfaction. "I shouldn't be doing this, and I know it was wrong in the first place, and I'm sorry."

This is great! Now I just have to call Riley and all of this can be explained!

Riley's POV•

After getting frappes, we decided to walk through the park so now, we're sitting on a bench as the cool breeze blows by us.

"So what do you think is going to happen with you and Marcel?" Zayn asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not quite sure yet. I really do want to be with him, but I don't know if it's going to be easy or not. I want everything to be back to the way it was because I am so stressed." I complain and he begins to rub my stomach.

"You know stress isn't good for the baby." He says softly as I stare straight ahead and nod. When I turn my head to look at him, he quickly grabs my head and pulls me into a forceful kiss. What the hell?

I push him off, wiping my lips instantly. "You can't kiss me!" I begin as I stand up. "I'm a pregnant woman trying to work out problems with my... The person who got me pregnant and you just kissed me!" I screech.

"Riley, I'm-"

"No, stop. I'm going to see Marcel." I say while picking up my bag.

"Well I'm coming with you."

"Good, you can tell him that you kissed me." I say, beginning to walk to my car.

"Hi Jane," I smile at the girl working at the front desk in the doctors office. "May I please go back to see Marcel?" I ask sweetly and she looks almost panicked.

"I-I wouldn't. He has someone back there with him at the moment." She says.

"A patient?" I ask.

"Well... N-no.. a girl."

My heart drops and I quickly rush to the door that leads to the hallways for all of the patient rooms.

"No Riley! You can't go back there!" Doctor Nim grabs ahold of my arm but I snatch away and rush down to his office as Zayn follows me. When I open the door, Katy is sitting in one of the clients chairs and Marcel is sitting at his desk.

"So what's this?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Great news! I'm not the father!"

... Slap!

Katy cupped her cheek and stared at me in shock. "Do you know what you caused me? I lost my fiancé because of you! Then weird things started happening! I didn't see him much anymore, then Zayn began to text me! You caused so much trouble just because you can't stand the fact that Marcel is in love with me and not you!" I yell as Marcel tries getting me to lower my voice. "Oh, by the way Marcel, Zayn has something to tell you!"

"I kissed Riley." He said quickly.

... Slap!

Zayn cupped his cheek and stared at Marcel in shock. "You did what?" Marcel yells, causing Zayn to back up.

"So who is the father?" I ask Katy, ready to beat her skull into the desk.

"Z-"

"Me." Zayn frowns, raising his hand. Why are they coming clean now? Carelessly, too.

"What?" I ask, scrunching my nose. "I'm so confused-"

"Katy and I hooked up the night Marcel broke up with her.. we became friends in high school so we still sort of talked and I happened to run into her, and she was telling me what was going on and it just happened.. we were dating on and off for those six months of her being pregnant, and we both knew that reality had to come... I knew she was in love with Marcel, and she knew I was in love with... Riley.." He breathed out as all of us listen. "So, we came up with the plan to ruin your relationship.. And that was to claim that Marcel was the father of her baby and we knew you guys would break up, so that's where I came in to pick up all of the pieces.." He spoke softly. Marcel and I stood there silently, staring at them in shock.

"W-"

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Marcel's voice booms throughout his office and it causes all of us to jump. "Who would do such a fucked up thing?" He yells but I'm still in shock. I don't know whether to be angry or thankful. Marcel let out a sigh as he ran his hands over his face. "Well, Katy you are never going to have me, that's for sure. Zayn, I can't answer for Riley because I don't know what she wants." He leans against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Zayn, you really are a nice guy, but I-I'm not in love with you.. I'm in love with Marcel. I want and need to be with him. I can't really say I'm sorry, because I'm not. I do hope you and Katy can work something out though." I bite my lip. I hate letting people down because the innocent look they give me causes me to go crazy. Zayn and Katy nod before standing to walk out of Marcel's office and once they were gone, Marcel stared off into space and I couldn't keep the smile off of my lips. When he turns his head, his eyes meet mine, a smile immediately forming on his face. He quickly walked over to me and instantly wraps his arms around my body, hugging me tightly.

"I missed you so much..." He whispers, causing goosebumps to form on my arms.

"I missed you, too." I squeeze him and nuzzle my face into his chest.

"Please come home."

Authors Note; Sorry I haven't updated! But omg so there is this girl in my music class, and she likes one direction and we started talking, and I was sort of thinking she was going to be a carrot but she's seriously not! She is up to date with her shit. lol, she asked me if I read After and that's when I knew she was a real directioner! so anyway, I'm sort of wondering if I should continue this story bc it doesn't seem to bother you guys when I don't update, and no one really votes or comments, but yet I get over 100 reads on each chapter, sometimes even over 200. so idk... if you want me to keep writing, just comment something about the story and VOTE!