22

While eating dinner, everyone was talking about what they have gotten for Christmas and we were going in a circle.

"Alright, you're obviously going to be asked what you got first, so when they ask, you know what to say, right?" Marcel asks and I smile nervously and nod my head. After a few more seconds of other people telling what they have gotten, it was sadly my turn. I was just so nervous.

"Riley, what did you get for Christmas?" Anne asks in her sweet, motherly voice.

"What did I get?" I ask with a smile on my face before looking at Marcel. "For Christmas, I got the most amazing, loving, and caring fiancé a girl could ever ask for." I say, my nerves calming down due to Marcel smiling at me and rubbing my thigh. Almost everyone at the table gasped and had excited expressions on their faces. "That's what I got this Christmas." I assure them before Marcel kisses me.

"You proposed?" Several people nearly shouted. We nod our heads and while our hands are under the table, he slips the ring back onto my finger. "Can we see the ring?" Anne asks, rushing over to us from her seat. I lay my hand in hers as she examines it. "Oh my gosh! It's gorgeous, oh my gosh! My baby boy is going to get married to the girl he has always dreamt of marrying!" Anne cried as she hugged me then Marcel. Everyone got up from their seats to look at my ring and compliment it. After everything was calm again, it was Marcel's turn to tell what he got for Christmas.

"Ok! What did you get Marcel?" Anne asks and he smiles at.

"For Christmas I got a smart, beautiful, amazing, caring, and loving," he paused. "Pregnant fiancé." The dimples in his cheeks were clear as day and while everyone was gasping and asking questions, we not purposely blocked them out and stared at each other in amazement. The only things I heard were;

"That's amazing!"

"How far along are you?"

"I'm going to be an aunt?"

"I'm going to have another grand baby!"

"Congratulations!"

"That's going to be one cute baby!"

"Good job, son."

My heart was beating like never before and Marcel leaned his forehead against mine before whispering, "I told you they wouldn't think bad of you, babe."

I lay my lips on his and place my hands on his jaws as we kissed passionately, completely forgetting that we were surrounded by people- his family. I am in love with this boy and I always have been. I can't see myself without him. He means more than just the world to me. There's no words to describe my love for him.

*3 Months Later*

I lay in bed, waiting for Marcel to get home from work. He got a job as a children's doctor and it's been going great so far. He says he loves it, but it's sad seeing sick kids come in all the time because sometimes it's something completely serious. Some kids have gone in not feeling well, and they would end up having some sort of cancer. I have actually been taking days off which isn't too good because I need all the money I can get. I've got my little bump going on, and I'm completely excited to figure out the sex of our baby. We've grown a little apart in the past few months due to constant working, but I cherish the moments I get with him. Like at night when we lay cuddling and talking about our days.

"Where's my beautiful girl at?" I hear Marcel shout before the front door is slammed shut. I stay put in bed and wait for him to come in. I fiddle with my fingers and wait for him. "There she is!" He shouts, walking through the door and throwing his keys onto the dresser. Have I mentioned how sexy he looks in scrubs? At the moment, he is wearing black scrubs with a white long sleeved shirt under it. I smile as he makes his way over to the bed and lays beside me.

"How are the two people I love most in the world doing?" He places his large hand on my stomach, rubbing it all around.

"We're doing great." I smile. "I just have a headache and I want to eat." I place my hand over his and stare at his features while he stares at my belly. I bring my fingers through his hair, running them through his gorgeous brown curls while he plays with his bottom lip, his eyes still focused on my bump. "What are you thinking?" I ask, signaling to him playing with his lip. He shrugs his shoulders and I could tell something was wrong. I place my hand on his shoulder and sit up a bit. "Babe, tell me what's wrong." I nudge him and he lets out a sigh.

"Zayn came in today. His daughter was sick, and turns out she has pneumonia. He left crying because do you understand how bad it is for a baby to pneumonia? There's a chance she could.. You know, pass. And although I hate Zayn, seeing him cry broke my heart. This is his daughter, his everything, and she's really sick." He began to tear up. "And I was just thinking... What if something bad happens to our baby? I know it's a terrible thought, but I don't know what I would do with myself if something happened to him or her. It just hurts to see these parents and children go through something so upsetting." He sniffles and I run my hand up and down his back.

"Come here." I say softly, signaling for him to lay closer to me and he did. I wrap my arms around him and he lays his head on my chest, his hand resting on the side of my stomach.

"I hate this job so much. It puts so many bad thoughts in my head and it's driving me insane." He sniffled and I continue to comfort him by rubbing his back. I play with his curls with my free hand and sigh. "Now I know what you have to go through. It's the worst feeling. I know I'm overreacting but-"

"You're not overreacting, trust me. You and I are just very sensitive and emotional people, and that's just who we are. I guess alls we can do now, even though you don't like Zayn, we just have to be there for him. And knowing that you are Mia's doctor, she's for sure in good hands. She'll be fine, babe. I promise." I push his curls out of his face and smile when I see his bright green teared eyes. He nods and looks down at his hands. "Hey.." I place my fingers under his chin to tilt his head up and his eyes meet mine. "You know we get to find out the sex of our baby in less than two weeks." I smile, trying so hard to brighten the mood. His eyes widen and he smiles.

"That's right. I almost forgot about that!" He sits up and sits Indian style. "I hope it's a boy." He smiles before taking my hands in his.

"Really? I hope it's a girl. I've already got the name picked out if it is." I assure him.

"Well if it's a boy, I have his name picked out as well. But I'm not telling you because I want it to be a surprise for when we find out." He seems so excited and I love seeing him like this.

"Ok, you name the baby if its a boy, I name the baby if its a girl. Deal?" I ask, holding my hand out. "Deal." He shakes my hand. Just as our hands disconnect, Evie walks into the room with my scarf in her mouth and I let out an aggravated groan. "Isn't she supposed to be past her chewing stage?" Marcel asks as I slide off of the bed.

"Sadly, no. Labs never stop chewing unless they are trained. Most dogs never stop chewing." I grab my scarf from her mouth and she growls. "I wouldn't." I say, pointing my finger at her. She decides to ignore me and jump on the bed. I roll my eyes and place my scarf in the hamper before turning around and bumping into Marcel. He instantly wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me without a warning. I softly place both of my hands on the sides of his face and kiss back.

When he pulls away he smiles down at me. "You know you haven't kissed me in days." He frowned playfully.

"Is that so? I don't think that's true because I can't go too long without kissing the love of my life." I bite my lip and he smiles while rolling his eyes.

"Sure sure. Using excuses to make it seem like I'm lying." He says and pulls away. "Come on, lets go make dinner." He says while pulling me out of the room.

-

Authors Note: guys, I'm so sick, I'm sorry I haven't updated. I'm not even going to re-read this to check for mistakes. Just ignore the spelling mistakes. I feel like complete shit and I know nothing happens in this chapter but I'll make up for it.