32

place: Beyonce's House
Time: 3:29 a.m.
Date: December 28th 2001

"Hey Bee, you okay?" Kelly said sitting on the edge of my bed. I shook my head and curled up into my spongebob blankets with Aaliyah. I had her for tonight and I hadn't spoken to Shawn since I left his place. As the thunderstorm outside grew louder, her little body curled into mine.

"Just call him"

I shook my head and wiped my eyes. "I don't want to Kelz, I shouldn't have to call him."

"But don't you wanna tell him what he's doing to you?"

"He should know" I said sitting up in my bed. "I don't know what the fuck his problem is, but it needs to go away. I haven't done anything to him, and he treats me like I'm the bad person. Why can't he see that he's hurting me inside. He's playing with my heart!" I said as tears fell down my face.

"This is crazy" she said rubbing her forehead. "You want me to have Roy talk to him?"

I shook my head again and looked down at Aaliyah and sighed as more tears fell from my eyes.

"What's the matter Bee....why you lookin at her like that?" she asked.

I bit my lip and cried harder. "As much as its gonna kill the three of us, I think I'm going to break up with Shawn in the morning...It's not working anymore and he's not willing to try. I refuse to let him hurt me like Ryan did."

"Bee! Oh my gosh, are you seriously thinking about that?!"

I nodded. "Yeah...god it's gonna kill Aaliyah...but I gotta do it for me to be happy. I'll still be there for her."

"Give it more time Beyonce. Don't give up on your love for Shawn so soon."

Truth be told, I loved Shawn more than life it self but he was making my decision easier for me everytime he messed up. I don't wanna leave him but what other choice do I have. It's a hard thing to decide. Stay and hope he will stop messing up and realize what he has, or leave and be happy without the two people that have made my life complete for the past 5 months? Ugh!

"Kelly..." she cut me off.

"Just think about it before you try and argue with me. I'm gonna go to bed. Lemme take Aaliyah with me okay." I nodded as she picked her up and carried her back towards her bedroom and closed my door. I slid down into my sheets as the freezing rain tapped against my window. As I closed my eyes, I heard a familiar ringtone.

Now you want to be free, So I'll let you fly, cause I know in my heart, babe, our love will never die No. You'll always be a part of me, I'm part of you indefinitely. Boy, don't you know you can't escape me. Ooh darling, cause you'll always be my baby. And we'll linger on...

I picked up the phone before the song could go on any longer. I bit my lip as I slid the words out.

"Hello"

"Hey"

"Hi"

"You sleep?"

I sniffed and grabbed a tissue. "No"

"Umm are you busy"

"No"

"Can you come outside?"

"It's raining"

"I know, but I need to talk to you"

"No Shawn"