3

"Class remember to study for your chapter 2 test tomorrow." My last period teacher Mr.Brown said as the final bell rung. About damn time. I have been waiting for it to ring, so I can go home with Aaliyah. I went out the room and went to the daycare to sign Li out.

"You have a good day today lil mama?" I asked looking down at her

She shook her head. "No"

"Why not?"

"Don't wanna talk about it."

I reached down and picked her up. "Aww you don't wanna talk about it?"

"No" She said laying her head on my shoulder.

"It's okay princess, you don't have to talk about it if you don't wanna."

"Otay"

I carried her to my locker and threw my books in, all except my History book. I had to pass this test tomorrow to keep my A in the class, which meant I was gonna have to see if I could get Kelly to come over and watch Aaliyah. I sat her down, but she clung onto my leg.

"What's the matter mama?" I said looking down at her. She didn't say anything, she just held onto me.

"I wanna go home daddy." She said starting to cry. I picked her back up. "Pweese"

"Okay, we going right now."

We went to the bus stop, and waited for the 3:30 bus to come. Finally it came, and we got on and it took me to my apartment building. I took out my key and opened the door. I let Aaliyah sit down at the kitchen table with my book. I started reading over what I learned for a good hour and a half before she came into the room.

"Daddy" she said rubbing her eyes. I guess she fell asleep.

I looked up from my book. "Yeah babygirl"

"I hungee" she said rubbing her little belly. I smiled and helped her into her booster seat.

"What you want to eat mama?"

"ghetti o's"

"You want some Spaghetti O's and meat balls?" She nodded. "We gotta work on your vocabulary baby."

She gave me a half smile while I made her food. I placed it in front of her with a juice box and a spoon. Once she was settled, I went back to stuyding. After awhile I heard the spoon hit the table. I looked up at her.

"Finished mama?"

She looked at me and then leaned over the chair and threw up on the floor. I jumped out of my chair and ran over to her, being careful to avoid the mess on the white tiled floor. I went to pick her up, but it was like a volcano. The child just kept going. Spaghetti everywhere. Then she went to throw up again but nothing came out, she just gagged. I picked her up and carried her into the bathroom.

"You okay mama. How you feel?"

"Tired" she said rubbing her eyes. She leaned over and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I know baby. C'mon lemme take your temperature to make sure you're okay." I took it, and it wasn't high. I guess she was just feeling really bad. I gave her another bath, and put on her some fresh p.j's. I took her into my bedroom and laid her in the middle of my king sized bed. She took something to settle her stomach, and then laid down to sleep. I sat my book in my lap trying to read, with little help from the lamp by the bed. It seemed impossible, but I was always taught never to give up when something is hard.

"Daddy..." I looked over at Aaliyah, who was watching me read.

"Yeah mama"

"Can you read to me?"

I thought about it for a second, then looked down at my book, then back at her. I couldn't resist that little face. "Yeah, I'll go get a book."

She nodded. "Otay"

I went to her room and got one of her favorite books, Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham. I went back into my room and laid down next to her. She crawled over to me and laid her head on my chest.

"Ready." I felt her nod. "Alright"

I opened the book and started reading to her. When I finished, she was knocked out. I looked over at the clock. It was getting late, and there was no way I was gonna finish the chapter. When I tried to move, she held onto my shirt. I shook my head and pulled the covers over us and called it a night.

******COMMENT, VOTE*****