9 Part 2

place: Kelly's house
time: 6 :51 p.m
Date: August 16th 2001

I parked my mom's car and went up to Kelly's door. I rung the door bell and Kelly's mom opened it after 2 times.

"Oh great, it's back." She said laughing. I smiled and shook my head. Now you see where Kelly gets it from.

"I see where Kelly gets her charm from."

She hit me in the arm. "Boy!"

I laughed and gave her a hug "I'm just kidding Ms.Rowland. Is Kelly here?"

"Nah, she's out with my son in law right now."

I nodded and stuffed my hands in my pocket with a smile.

"Was there something else you wanted?"

I gave her an innocent look and shrugged my shoulders "What I can't come by and see you sometime. Maybe I like hanging around here."

She saw right through that kuz she folded her arms. "Alright Shawn you can stop with the innocent act. It's cute on Aaliyah but not on you. You lookin for my niece aren't you?"

"Why do you say that?"

"Kuz you got her upstairs in tears. She was so excited about tonight, but then she came to the conclusion that you wern't coming, and I guess she kinda lost it and cried. Said something about you being here at 6."

I bit my lip. "I had an issue I had to fix. Aaliyah didn't quite understand."

"Uh-huh, I guess you should go on up and talk to her."

I gave her a hug. "Thanks." I walked inside and she shut the door behind me. I ran up the steps and went into the guest room where Beyonce was staying in and knocked on the door. I heard music playing but no one answered the door. I leaned over the rail. "Ms. Rowland you sure she's here?"

"Yeah! Hasn't left that room since like 6."

I took in a deep breath and opened the door to her room. She was laying on the bed with headphones to her CD player stuck in her ears. She was writing something in a notepad. But I guess she didn't hear me kuz the music was loud. I wonder how she can still hear. I walked over to the bed and knelt down in front of her. She looked up to think, and when she saw me she nearly fell off the bed. I didn't mean to scare her. She turned off the music and snatched the earphones from her ears.

"I didn't think you were coming."

"Oh no ma, I always keep my promises. And I promised I was gonna take you out right?" She nodded. "Well then, let's go."

She gave me a smile. "Okay, give me a second." She looked down at her pad and went back to writing.

"Whatchu got there" she shook her head. "C'mon, please." She looked up at me and did the same thing. "Please. I wanna know."

"It's stupid."

"Can't be stupid if you're putting so much thought into it."

She hugged the notepad. "Promise not to laugh."

I nodded. "I told you I keep my promises. So Yes! I promise!"

"Well ever since I was little I've always had a passion for writing. I just love to write. I like poetry, books, and short stories. I do it all."

I raised an eyebrow. "I thought you said you loved to dance?"

Her beautiful eyes glistened. "I do. I-I just... I just do it all. I can dance , I can write, and I can sing."

"You can sing too?" She nodded. I smiled. "Damn girl, you just talented ain't you?!"

She shrugged. "I guess." She got up off the bed and put on her shoes. I looked her up and down. She looked good in her outfit. She had on a pair of all white pants, a white and gold shirt, and some gold heels. The girl even had on the matching jewelry. She turned and looked at me before grabbing her purse. "What? Why you looking at me like that?"

I laughed. "Well I aint sayin she a gold digger. Looks like she don't mess with no broke niggas. Get down Beyonce, go head get down."

(I know that's a Kanye reference from like 2006 but act like it was popping in 2001 )

She socked me in the shoulder. "Shut up! You ready to go?"

We started to walk downstairs. "Oh I didn't mean to make you cry or nothing. I just had something to take care of. That's why I was late."

She gave me a funny look. "What are you talking about? I never cried."

"Yes you did, your aunt told me that."

Beyonce looked over at her aunt who was watching us from the couch. I watched her mouth 'We gone fight auntie' and then I watched her mouth back to Beyoncé with a smile 'bring it on little girl. I'll fight a child.'

I laughed and led her outside. "That's your car?" She asked pointing.

I shook my head. "Nah, I had to borrow my moms. I ain't got one."

"Oh."

"What, what's wrong?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, I just thought you had a car."

"Nah, I almost got enough money for the one I want. My dad is helping me get it. I gotta job, but I got other things to take care of." I looked off to the side and saw this black 2002 Altima sitting in the driveway. "When did your aunt get a new car?"

"She didn't. That's my car. My mom and dad got it for me as an early birthday gift."

I smiled. "You got the key's?"

She reached in her pocket and waved them in the air. "Why you wanna drive it?"

"Can I?"

She tossed them to me. "What do you think"

I locked my mom's car doors and unlocked the doors to Beyonce's car. I opened her door and helped her in and ran around and got in on the drivers side.

Single Father [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara