33 Part 1

place: Shawn's apartment
Time: 9:27 a.m
Date: January 1st 2002

"Daddy are you asleep?" Aaliyah asked tapping my bed. It was getting annoying and I didn't go to sleep last night until Bee did, which was about 3 in the morning. Hey we had to spend our first New Year's Eve the right way. But we kinda just sat up the whole night talking, kissing, and holding one another. It felt good.

"Yes Aaliyah I'm sleep, can you please go away."

"You can't tell me that!" she said stomping her foot.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "And why not?"

She started jumping up and down in her Dora pajamas with her hair bouncing everywhere. Then she started to sing and shout.

"KUZ IT'S MAH BIRF-DAY! IT'S MAH BIRF-DAY! IT'S MAH BIRF-DAY!"

All I could do is smile and pick her up in my arms. Today, three years ago at exactly 9:27 a.m, Aaliyah Jenae Carter was born. She was a baby born on the first. New Year's Day to be exact.

"I know baby, what do you wanna do today?"

She shrugged. "Spend da day wif you and Bee-Bee."

"Alright well lets go down to the guest room and wake her up. I got up and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and put on some sweats. Aaliyah and I went down to the guest room, and Aaliyah bursted through the door with excitement. She got on the bed and started jumping up and down. Beyonce's head flew up when she felt Aaliyah jump a little too close to her head.

"Girl what are you doing!" she said pulling Aaliyah down onto the bed.

"TODAY'S MAH BIRF-DAY BEE-BEE!"

"Aww you're right. It is your birthday, and how old are you?"

Aaliyah held up three of her little fingers. "Three"

"Do you know what little three year old girls get on their birthday?"

"No what?"

Beyonce poked her in the stomach. "They get three wishes. So whatever you want today, it's yours. No question about it."

"YAY! I'm the princess today!"

---
Beyonce POV

"So you really can't stay?" Aaliyah asked with her bottom lip poked out.

I shook my head. "I'm really sorry babygirl, but I have something really important to do."

"Like what?"

"A business meeting but I promise I will come back for dinner tonight. We can go wherever you want to go."

"You promise?"

"Yes I promise. Don't get all sad on me now Aaliyah. You've had a pretty good day so far. You got breakfast at I-hop, we went to Chuck E. Cheese, the the movies, and then we went out for ice cream. I promise that you will get your gifts from me tonight at dinner. Well the other last gift anyway." I said.

"Okay" I gave her a hug and stood up and went towards the door. I looked over at the couch and sighed. "Shawn I'm leaving."

"Yeah aiight" he said taking a sip of his water. I blew Aaliyah a kiss and went out the door. I didn't have time for Shawn's attitude.

***Yes I know it's very short, next chapter coming!