11

place: Brooklyn Bridge
time: 10:34 p.m
date: August 16th 2001

I ended up taking her to one of my favorite spots in New York. The one and only Brooklyn Bridge. Well not exactly the bridge. Actually there was this little place near it that I found a few years ago by the water. It was beautiful at night, and even though it may not seem like it, it's kinda peaceful. No one has even came out here with me, and I was kinda glad I could bring her. Especially since she was all new and stuff to New York. I leaned up against this huge ass rock and let Beyonce sit next to me on my jacket. It was warmer outside. She looked up at the bridge and just smiled.

"This is so beautiful Shawn. Where did you find this place?" She said looking over at me.

I shrugged. "I don't know...I've been coming here since...." I stopped myself kuz I was finna say something about Aaliyah. But then that's when it hit me. She had no idea.

"Never mind."

Beyonce leaned back against the rock. "So why don't you tell me about yourself Shawn?"

I raised my eyebrow. "You wanna know about me?"

"Yup"

I sat up. "Well let's see. My name is Shawn Corey Carter. I was born and raised right here in Brooklyn, New York. I've been on my own since I was 16. My birthday is on December 4th. My favorite colors are black, white, and blue....um, that's all I can think of."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Kuz I heard there was a special person in your life." She stopped and looked me dead in the eyes. "Someone told me that her name was Candice or something like that." She said.

I shook my head and sighed. "Oh..her!" I said rolling my eyes.

"I mean, I only asked kuz when we were in the movies you made it seem like she didn't exist. Kuz I mean that kiss was...you know what I mean right?"

I nodded. "I know what you mean, but the thing about it is Candice doesn't exist in my eyes. We had something, but she fucked up something serious. And now I can't stand that bi---" Once again I stopped myself from going too far.

"Damn all of that. What did she do?"

I looked at her and took in a deep breath. No need of hiding it now. She was going to find out at some point. "Two years ago, on January 1st 1999, my ex-girlfriend Candice gave birth to my now 2-year-old daughter who I got the honor of naming her Aaliyah Jenae Carter. Well anyways, there was this man that Candice was seeing. She got caught up into him and she left Aaliyah with me. Now I see her as a, excuse my language, but she's a bitch."

Beyonce looked so amazed. "Wow! that's something."

I grabbed her arm and pulled her between my legs. Slowly I wrapped my arms around her.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I guess I just never pictured you as the father type. But now I can." She turned around in my arms and looked up at me. I looked down into her light brown eyes. Again, it happened. My lips came crashing down onto hers. I don't know why, but those lips are mind blowing. She pulled away and had this look on her face like she figured something out. "That's it! Now I know why you're so sweet. Kuz of your daughter."

"That's part of the reason I guess."

I looked down at my watch, we had time before I had to get Aaliyah. "So now that you know my whole life story why don't you tell me about yours."

"There's not much to tell really. Just my vitals."

"Okay, then tell me those then."

"Well my name is Beyonce Giselle Knowles. I was born and raised in Houston, Texas. My mom's Creole and my Dad is black. I was born on September 4th. See, I told you not much to tell."

"Mm, I thought you was just playing. So why'd you move here anyway?"

She rolled her eyes. "My mom and dad thought it'd be better for me to move to someplace exciting. They think I'm kinda boring. I don't really go out that much. I'm usually at home doing my own thing."

"I don't think you're boring. Shoot, in fact I wish more girls were like you."

"Hm, you say that now..."

"Naw I don't think that I will change my mind."

We stayed in that spot until it came to that time when we had to leave. To tell you the truth, I didn't want to leave. She was the most intriguing person I'd ever met. I helped her into the car and drove her home. I walked her to the door before handing her back her keys.

"So did you have fun tonight, B?" I asked smiling over at her.

"Yes, actually I did...thank you Shawn." She turned to open the door but I grabbed her arm and pulled her to me, placing a kiss on her lips.

"What do you say...you and I go out again after school on Tuesday? That is, if you're not busy."

She nodded. "Um, I'd like that. Most definitely."

"Alright then, I'll call you tomorrow when I wake up."

"Okay. Goodnight Shawn."

I leaned in and kissed her cheek. "Night Bee."