2

Place: Forrest Harper High School
Time: 8:11 a.m
Date: August 14th 2001

"C'mon Li, you gotta walk faster than that." I said pulling her down the hallway of my school. It was very common for a lot of teens to have children, so the state put in child care centers in a lot of high schools. That way the kids would have somewhere to stay during the day, and cost is $50 dollars for every 2 months.

"I trying, but my shoe is undone" She said.

I stopped dead in my tracks and bent down to tie her shoe. "There now c'mon."

"Maybe we would get there faster if you pick me up." She said.

I shook my head "Naw. God gave you feet to walk, and thats what you're gonna do. Walk."

"But I tired."

"Girl you are about to drive me---" I stopped my sentence and sighed. "Never mind, just c'mon." I reached down and picked her up and carried her down the hall to room 203. I signed her in and walked her in the classroom.

"Bye daddy" she said giving me a hug.

I smiled. "Bye princess." I gave her a kiss and ran out the door to get to my classroom. I was halfway there, but this girl stopped me. She knew Candice and I didn't like either of them.

"Hey Shawn, where you off too?" the girl, Tasha, asked.

"To class, a place where yo dumbass need to be for a change."

"Aren't we one to call the kettle black. Last time I checked before your 'daughter' got here, you were a ditcher and never in class." Tasha said.

"Well things change. And thanks to Aaliyah I'm actually gonna graduate on time."

"How you figure?"

"Don't worry about it, just move so I can go to class" I said brushing past her.

"Whatever, you know you want me." She smirked.

I laughed. "In your dreams."

Place: 4th Period
Time: 11:43 a.m

"Hey Shawn, how's your daughter?" This girl named Deena said leaning over to me while I was copying notes. I just nodded in response. But she just kept looking at me.

"Why you starrin at me?" I got annoyed.

"Kuz I think you're cute."

I nodded again. "And...?"

"So I was wondering if maybe you and I could go out sometime."

I shook my head. "No thanks."

"Why not, I thought you liked me?"

I just laughed, while shaking my head. "Yeah that's what you thought, but you and I both know it's all in your head...." I sighed. "Look, I don't date for my daughter's sake. Point blank. And I don't change my mind neither."

She nodded. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

"  never do."

The lunch bell rung and I packed up my stuff and went to the lunch room. My bestfriend Roy was waiting with his girlfriend, Kelly, as Roy held Aaliyah in his arms. I went over to them, and took her from him.

"Nooo daddy, 10 more minutes" She said grabbing onto me. Her eyes were closed, so she must have been asleep.

"It's okay, I got you princess."

"I still can't believe how cute you are with her. You're a great father Shawn." Kelly said rubbing Li's back softly.

I smiled. "Thank you." I replied. We sat down at our usual table while Roy went and got my food and drink. When he came back, I handed Aaliyah off to Kelly so I could eat. She was the only female besides the women in my family I trusted with my child. Plus her being Roy's girl helped a lot. "So Kelly, what you been up to lately?" I asked.

"Workin hard, tryna get the guest room at my house ready."

I raised my right eyebrow. "Ready for what?"

"Oh, my cousin Beyoncé is coming to live with us. Her mom thinks she needs a different enviornment."

I bit into my pizza. "Where she from?"

"Houston, Texas baby!" She said dancing. "That's where I used to live before my dad got a new job here."

"Oh, what's she like?"

"Ohhhh, you trynna peep my cuzin huh?" she laughed.

I sucked my teeth. "Whatever, I was just askin a question."

"If I tell you then I'll have to kill you." I rolled my eyes with a loud sigh. "I'm just playin. You'll see tomorrow when she get's here. Personally I think you'll like her."

Roy shook his head. "Doubt it. Shawn doesn't date" he responded.

"Exactly." I added.

She shrugged. "We'll see."

******COMMENT, VOTE*****

How do you think Shawn and Beyoncé will react to one another?

Why would Beyonce need to change her environment?