6

place: Ms.Wire's Building
time: 7:47 a.m
date: August 16th, 2001

"Thank you so much for watching her Ms. Wire." I said walking out of the apartment building. Ms. Wire was the land lady who watches Aaliyah a lot on the weekend while I work. But I had to make up a test today so I wasn't able to watch her.

"No problem baby, you just go on to school and take that test. I want you to graduate this year. I want you and Aaliyah to have a good life without that skank who you claim to be her mother."

I laughed and gave her a hug. "Ms. Wire you're a trip you know that."

She just shrugged. "I try, now get before your late. I got her."

"Okay."

place: Forrest Harper High School
time: 8:25 a.m
date: August 16th 2001

"Hey Shawn." A voice said behind me as I walked in my first period. I turned around and saw Beyonce standing there looking good in this jean dress and forces. "Missed you yesterday."

"Oh wussup Bee. How's it going?"

"Fine, now that I actually know where I'm going. And I know when to avoid Kelly and Roy when they're together. Which is usually always now."

I laughed. "That's good to hear. So you like Harper High?"

"It's fine...I was thinking about getting my schedule changed. Well my electives anyway."

"How come? What you don't wanna be in my classes anymore?"

She laughed. "Nah it's not that, it's just that at my old school, I was into Performing arts."

"Ohh so you dance or something?"

"Yeah, I've been dancing and singing since I was 4 years old."

"Mmm, a little superstar in the making."

She shook her head with a smile. "Nah, nothing like that."

place: lunch
time: 11:50 a.m
date: August 16th 2001

"Hey Shawn. Why look so down?" Kelly asked looking over at me, while picking at Beyonce's food.

I shrugged. "I don't look down do I?" I asked looking over at Beyonce.

"Sort of."

"Well I'm not, I was just thinking about something."

"Must be deep, kuz you're awfully quiet today." Roy said eating my fries. I swatted his hand away. "I didn't know you wanted them."

I stood up from my chair and reached in my pocket for my cell phone. I couldn't take this no more. "I'll be back." I mumbled before walking out of the lunch room. I leaned up against the wall and dialed Ms.Wire's number.

"Hello" she answered.

"Hey Ms. Wire, how's it going?"

"Oh, hey Shawn. Everything's fine, but I'm glad you called. Aaliyah really misses you."

"I figured. I miss her by my side. Is she up?"

"Yeah you wanna talk to her? Hold on."

The phone shuffled a little before she came on the phone. "Helllllo!" she said into the phone. I just laughed.

"Hey lil mama, how you doing?"

She got excited. "Daddy! I miss you daddy."

"I know princess, but daddy has a test today, and...you understand don't you?"

"Yes daddy."

I heard footsteps. "Look babygirl, I have to get back to lunch, so I'll see you when I get home okay?"

"Otay."

"I love you."

"I wov you too daddy" and with that she hung up the phone. I smiled and placed my phone back in my pocket. I never realized how much her voice makes my day. I was broken out of my thoughts, when I heard a voice.

"Shawn..." I looked up and saw Beyonce walking towards me. "You okay?"

"Oh hey...umm yeah I'm fine."

She raised her eyebrow. "You sure?"

I smiled. "Very. C'mon let's get back to lunch."

"Okay." She turned and walked away. I lingered back to watch her walk. Mmm! "You coming or you just gone watch me walk away?"

I jumped out of my thoughts and walked up to her. "Yeah, I'm sorry" she nodded with a smile, as I placed my hand on the small of her back and we walked back into the lunch room.

*******COMMENT, VOTE******