25

place: Shawn's House
Time: 11: 23 am
Date: December 1st 2001

"Do I really have to go?" Aaliyah said looking up at me. I nodded and ran the rag up and down her back.

"Yes you really have to go. It will be fun for you"

"But I don't like her"

I shook my head. "That's not nice Liyah, now will you just do this one thing for me" I asked poking out my bottom lip.

She sighed. "Okay"

I kissed her forehead. "Thank you, now raise up your arms." I washed her stomach and then rinsed her off. "Ready to get out?"

"No! Not yet"

"Aaliyah I've washed you 3 times, I'm positive you're clean"

"No I still see dirt on my finger"

I sighed. "Aaliyah it's not going to kill you to spend some time with your mom. Now come on and get out the tub."

She stood up. "Okay Bee-Bee"

I carried her back to her room and sat her down on her bed. I dried her off and lotioned her up and put on some pink socks.

"I don't know why your daddy bought you these ugly shoes. I told him not to."

"Yeah I don't like em neither"

I smiled and buttoned up her shirt. "You don't like anything"

"That's not true"

"Yeah sure. Go get your hairstuff for me please ma'am"

"Okay" she ran out of the room, towards her bathroom. I smiled to myself as she came back. "Here ya go"

I sat her in between my legs and parted her hair down the middle, giving her two ponytails. I put pink ribbons on them and called it good.

"Bee-Bee" she said as I tied the second ribbon a second time.

"Hmm"

"Do you like doin my hair"

"Yes I do. Someone has to do it"

"Oh...do you like givin me a baf and dressin me"

I squinted my eyes. "Uh-huh"

"Do you like feedin me and tuckin me in at nite"

"Is there a point to these questions?"

She giggled. "Yes or no"

"Yes"

"Hmm, okay" she started to walk out, but I grabbed her back.

"What does that mean little lady"

"Nuffin" she said smiling all shyly. "Come on. we gone be late."

I grabbed my coat. "What do you know about late? You can't tell time."

She giggled again and we left out of the house.

* * *

"Say goodbye Aaliyah" I said picking her up off the floor. She shook her head and burried her face into my neck. "Be a big girl"

She raised her tear stained face. "Bye Cannace"

"Bye babygirl"

She grew red in the face. " I'm not a baby! You carrot face!" I bit down on my lip to stop myself from laughing. She was kinda right. Candace had on this bright orange jumpsuit, looking like a big ass carrot.

"Liyah appologize"

"Why?"

"Kuz that wasn't nice. Now say sorry"

"You pushin it!" she said pointing at me. I raised my eyebrow. She backed off. "Sowwy Cannace"

"Appology accepted, now give mommy a kiss so I can go home."

She sighed and I let her down. She walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "Bye bye"

"Aww bye"

* * *

"So you didn't like her?" Shawn asked Aaliyah as we sat at the dinner table. She shook her head.

"You asked me that last week daddy"

"I know but it's just funny everytime you tell me"

I shook my head. "Shawn! Shut up!" He stopped laughing.

"Women...always raining on my parade."

"Hey! You can't talk bout Bee-Bee like that" Aaliyah said in my defense.

"And who are you?"

"Daddy! You know me"

He rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me"

"C'mon Liyah, it's time to fight!" I said standing up.

"YEAH we gone fight daddy" I helped her down. He stood up too.

"Oh yeah I'm really scared of two girls who are weaker than me." Aaliyah charged at him full speed
"Buh-Bye" He said running down to the bedroom. I just laughed. This is where I belong. With these two.