10

place: AMC 24 Movie Theater
time: 7:30 p.m
Date: August 16th 2001

Beyonce laughed as I pulled up to the movies. "You're taking me to a movie?"

I laughed and reached in my back pocket for the pre-ordered tickets. "Not just any movie. THE movie."

She took the tickets from me and started laughing once she read it. "Monsters Inc. You're kidding right?"

I snatched them back. "Nope!"

"Oh come on Shawn, can't we go and see something else?"

"Like what?" I asked.

"Save The Last Dance" she said with bright eyes.

"Oh hell no!" I got out of the car and she got out too and followed me to the front.

"Please"

"No girl. I ain't finna sit there and watch no girl movie."

"It's not a girl movie. It's a family film. I wanna see it."

"How about next time?"

She raised her eyebrow. "Next time?"

"Yeah I mean, I don't wanna get ahead of myself but I've had fun so far. I mean the car ride over here was funny as hell."

"For the last time I did not flick that old man off. I had smashed my finger trying to adjust my seat. I went to see if my nail was okay, and I just happened to be looking in his direction" she said laughing. I promise she had the prettiest smile and the cutest laugh.

"I believe you baby."

She looked at me with a raised a brow. "Come again"

I smiled a little and looked down. "I meant Beyonce"

"I know" she looked at me again. "So what time does the movie start anyway?"

"Umm, Monsters Inc. starts at 7:40, but Save The Last Dance starts in 5 minutes. I guess we should go get a ticket then."

She smiled and hugged me, ending with a kiss on my cheek. " You're something you know that"

"I know...I try"

We went to the box office and I got two tickets for Save the Last Dance. I guess I'd just have to take Aaliyah to see Monsters Inc. kuz I wanted to see Monsters Inc. I decided on this new movie kuz the look in Beyonce's eyes made me change my mind. I liked the smile on her face.

I placed my hand on the small of her back and we walked into movie theater 5 and sat down towards the back row.

"You're gonna love this movie!" she said looking over at me.

I smiled. "And how do you know that?" I asked.

"I don't know, it seems like a real nice movie. I loved the preview." She said smiling. I nodded and leaned back into my seat. Halfway through the movie, I noticed Beyonce moving out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw her shivering next to me. She had to be cold kuz it was like 60 degrees in here and she had on a tank top. They always keep the movie theaters cold during the end of summer. I leaned over into her ear.

"I probally shoulda warned you that they keep it cool in here all the time."

She looked at me. "How'd you know?"

"Kuz I work here."

"You work here?"

I nodded. "Assistant Manager. I get free movie tickets anytime I'm not working."

She smiled. "Impressive." She said rubbing her arms. I leaned forward and took off my jacket and handed it to her. She smiled and put it on. "Thank you. You didn't have to do that you know."

"I don't want you to be cold. I can take it. Brooklyn is cold a lot."

She leaned in and kissed my cheek. She and I pulled away a little, and I looked her dead in the eyes. I don't know what happened at that moment, but I think we both had the same idea. We both leaned in and our lips came crashing into one another's. Her lips were so soft like silk, and it gave me a nice feeling. Something I have never felt before. And I liked it. Beyonce pulled away and smiled at me before giving me one last peck.

"Umm, you wanna go somewhere and get something to eat?" I asked biting on my lip. She smiled and nodded. I took her by the hand and we left the movie theater. I got stopped by the manager, Mrs. Walker. She was funny and cool when she wanted to be.

"Shawn, I expect to see you at work tomorow. At 11 am sharp." She said smiling.

I nodded. "Oh no doubt!" I looked over at Beyonce. "C'mon ma." I placed my hand on the small of her back and we walked out of the door. I helped her into the car and got on the drivers side. We pulled off down the street.

"So where do you wanna eat?" I had at least 100 dollars in my pocket, and was ready to take her out for dinner.

"Hmm, how about McDonald's?" She said pointing down the street to the golden arches. I looked over at her shocked. "What? We can go to Burger King or Chick-fil-A if you want. I mean, you're driving." She added.

"You serious?"

She nodded. "Very. In Houston that was considered date food or something from Popeyes." She paused and looked at me. "Why? What's the matter?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I just expected to take you to some restaurant where there's peace and quiet. I mean that's Kelly style, so I thought..." She cut me off.

"My cousin is a lot of things. But I'm not her Shawn. But I mean, that whole resturant thing seems too crazy."

I nodded. "Well how about we go and get some Mickey D's and then go to one of my favorite spots and talk?"

She smiled. "I'd like that."