1.1 - city girl ・゚✧

"Oh I'm scared. Dragon."

- Cooper Jacobs

☆•.♡.•☆

I watch out of the window as my father drives towards the town were moving to - in the middle of nowhere. I'm a city girl, born and bred, so the thought of moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere has my stomach tied in knots - I'm terrified.

"Aubs, at least crack a smile." Dad says as he glances at me in the mirror.

I roll my eyes and sigh. "I'm 18 years of age. Why on earth couldn't I stay in Baltimore?"

"You don't have a job, you've been out of high school for 6 months now. How did you expect to survive?" He raises his eyebrow.

Bailey and Cooper, my 16 year old twin brothers, snigger. Bae sits up front while Coop takes up his seat plus the middle seat in the back with me. "Oo burnnnnn."

I kick Cooper and roll my eyes

I kick Cooper and roll my eyes. "Shut up asshole."

"Oh I'm scared. Dragon."

I roll my eyes and ignore them all; I hate living in a house of boys. I have always been overshadowed by my brothers and my dad. The twins had every girl, even those my age and older, swooning over them while my dad was one of the best surgeons in Baltimore and the surrounding towns. Everyone loved him.

As for me? Little Aubree, as everyone used to call me; I hated the name. My mother left us when the twins were 5 and I was 7. Being so young they domt exactly remember her but I do, and I remember the pain of it. I've never gotten over it and I've grown up keeping to myself.

"Here we are." Dad says as we pull up at the small house.

I look up at it as the boys wrestle to he the first inside; dad puts an arm around my shoulders. "You think they'll figure out I have the key?"

I giggle small. "No, they're slower than you." I tease as I lean my head on his shoulder.

He kisses my head. "I promise this will be good for us all, Ree. A fresh start, clean air and new friends. No more dwelling on the past."

I glance up at him and nod small, not wanting to think of... that. Dad pulls away and looks at the twins. "Hey! Break the door and you'll pay for it."

Bae shoves Cooper. "Yeah, poop, don't break the door!"

Coop shoves back just as hard. "Shut up, don't call me that!"

Dad opens the door with an eye roll. "Go pick a room." They share a look and bolt upstairs. "Aubree gets the ensuite!" He calls and there's two loud groans.

I smirk. "Thanks daddy. Are you sure?"

"I don't need my own bathroom honey. You shouldn't have to share a bathroom with 3 men."