Prologue

Every school has the normal, basic cliches. But at Lincoln High, there were two major cliques that everyone knew to beware of. Mine and Hers.

Mine consisted of my friends: Lauren, Zendaya, Alessia, and Zayn.

People called us The Trinity.

Hers consisted of her friends: Ally, Kehlani, Dua, and Keith.

People called them The Posse.

We didn't choose the names, the students did. Everyone started calling us by them so it became common sense when they kind of just stuck.

Our two cliches ruled the school. Together you ask? Never. We were and are rivals. Our groups never get along and even fights break out every now and then between the two.

Now you're probably thinking this is gang related... HELL NO! My mother told me she'd beat my ass if I ever joined one or started acting like I was in one when I was younger. Our groups were just based on trying to gain power in the school and be at the top of the hierarchy.

Now, Her and I have been enemies since before I can remember. When we were younger we would always try and out do the other person. It's been like this forever and it made its way all the way until high school.

I met Zendaya and Lauren in middle school and Alessia and Zayn freshman year of high school. Zayn tried to make some moves on me but I quickly denied him. Alessia was there to witness it all and joked about how Zayn's game sucked and we became friends from there. All four of them are honestly my rocks that keep me steady.

You're probably wondering who Her is. Well let me tell you.

She's Dinah Jane Hansen.

And I hate her with every bone in my body.

-

thank you so much willbyrons for this beautiful cover!! i love you so much and you're the only person i trust making my covers❤️