EPILOGUE

hold me while you wait lewis capaldi

(I deeply suggest you listen to the song while you read this chapter. Adds an element I cannot explain)

 Adds an element I cannot explain)

Sebastian

The boys were all sleeping peacefully under the trees in their tents. Adam was in the back of the car, and I was by myself, lying on the ground beneath the stars on a blanket.

I felt Luna was awake, so joined her beneath the stars because I couldn't sleep.

"Luna?" I spoke into the darkness.

Beside me, I felt a warmth and I turned my head. "Hi, Sebastian."

"It's you," I smiled.

"It is. I've missed you." She said, her green eyes glowing.

"How is it up there? Dancing with the stars?"

"It is indefinable, beyond words. I feel no pain just, the love of the celestial lights."

"You haven't seen the stars from down here for a while now," I said.

"Let's watch together then, my love."

In the time span of a little less than a year, I changed myself so much. Luna changed me so much.

Luna broke my toxic walls down and came in and built them back up, with her inside. She has filled a hole in my heart that was always there. My sister and grandfather, and I left that hole there.

She filled it with her laughter and her smile and her eyes. She filled it with her talk of flying and the stars. She filled it with love.

We were just two young kids who had no idea what love is, how powerful it was, what it could do.

I had no idea that love could possibly take me out of my dark place.

I thought that when Luna died, I would be suicidal again. I thought I would fall deep into my dark depression again, refusing to eat, never sleeping or sleeping too much, or writing angry entries into my journal.

I wasn't doing any of those things, and that surprised me.

"Have you looked in your journal since you left it with me?"Luna asked. I looked to her, stitching my brows together and then stood up to grab the journal from the car. When I returned, she was gone.

I sat back down and opened up the notebook, flipping past the pages I wrote entries in. Yet, I came upon an entry that didn't look like my writing.

"From here on out are Luna Matthews' entries :)"

I smiled to myself.

"I can say that I love you, but that doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about you. you are my everything and more. you are a hot cup of tea. you're my favorite song. you're the raindrops on the window. you're sleeping in. you're a cassette tape. you're the stars when I get lost and the moon that lights up the night. you are the first snowfall. you're the smell of the ocean. you are my whole world. you're an adventure and my home all at once."

I let out a small chuckle. Among everything, this girl could write, too.

"When the tide of the sea rises and the drops of rain wash away your tears, when the sun seems to never rise or you wake and cannot sleep, I'll protect you. When your vibrant eyes dull and you lose who you are, I'll protect you. When the lion of your soul starts to rage, and the thunder in your heart splits the ground beneath you, I'll protect you."

"And my love, when you lose yourself again, just know I am still here, always with you. When you look to the stars, I am there dancing with them, looking over you. You will be alright. We all have our storms and dark days. You taught me what it is like to be strong, and I know you can do it. I will love you forever and I'm eternally grateful for all the time we spent together."

There was one more entry.

"Until we meet again, Sebastian Green... Undoubtedly Yours, Luna Matthews."