chapter 36

state lines novo amor

Sebastian

I was awakened when I heard the door click open. My bare arms were wrapped around Luna and her back was pressed against my chest. She was warm and her hair smelled like coconuts and strawberries.

"We will just run a couple tests today and-" the doctor stopped talking and looked at me, flushed. -"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No... uh, I'm sorry I'll just," I sat up and quickly put my shirt on.

When I looked up again, Luna's dad was standing beside the doctor as well.

"We have to stop meeting like this," I chuckled nervously.

"We'll talk later," he said. I nodded and ran out of the room, carrying my shoes in my hand. As I walked down the hall, I groaned and turned around, running back in.

She smiled sleepily when she saw me and I picked a kiss on her cheek. Her dad looking like he was fuming.

"Okay carry on. See you later, Luna." And I ran back out. I heard her laugh as the door shut behind me.

***

"So, great news. You guys can go back to New York today and settle back in. Luna is doing pretty good again. She's still pretty sick and weak, but she's okay enough to fly." The doctor smiled at Luna's parents and me.

It made me wonder if I took the plane with Luna, how would I get my car back to New York? I didn't want to drive it. It would take at least a whole two days of driving to get there.

I didn't want to leave Luna that long.

"So, we can leave today?" Denessy asked. The doctor nodded.

"Well, Sebastian you're going to have to take your car home. So we'll take the flight out later tonight. That way you can get a head start."

I really did not want to leave without Luna.

"So you'll take a flight out later tonight?" I asked, making sure."

"Yes. And here," Denessy opened my hand and placed some bills in it, "take this. In case you need gas or food or something. See you in a few days."

I smiled and pulled her in for a loose hug before running down to say goodbye to Luna.

She was watching T.V when I got into her room.

"Hey!" Her eyes lit up and she sat up, smiling at me.

"Hey,"

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Well, you get to go home today, and I can't take the plane with you because I have to drive my car home. So I'm leaving now and you're leaving tonight." I explained.

"I wish I could come with you," she said.

I grabbed her hand and held it tightly kissing up her arm.

"I know, I do too. Don't worry, it won't be long."

She sighed and placed her hands on my neck, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Okay, goodbye Luna. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I kissed her and then ran out of the room, down the halls.

"Drive safe!" I heard Denessy call. I nodded at her and got to my car. When I opened it, I could see in the back all the messy blankets and pillows. My heart ached as the memories flooded my mind. I looked away and started the car, pulling out of the hospital.

a/n: Hey! I know this chapter is short but I thought I would make it a bit shorter since you got two chapters today instead of one. Hope you liked it!

Feel free to vote and comment💞