chapter 15

learning how to love colony house

(attached picture: view of the ocean from the car)

Sebastian

When we finally reached the ocean, the stars were out. Dazzlingly bright, they painted the sky and it felt like my new home. It felt different, to have a love for something I had never seen so up close before. But at this moment my breath had been taken away and I knew I could never look at a hospital in the same way again.

Luna's face was hard to read as she stared at the vast ocean ahead that was reflecting the bright moon and the infinite stars. She looked at peace, her mind and heart at ease. It made me feel happy.

I parked the van so the back was facing the ocean, and a far enough distance away to be safe from the water. The spot was perfect, I was falling in love with this place.

"This feels like a dream," she whispered quietly, shaking her head.

"Well don't worry." I stared at her. "It's real. As real as it gets."

And for a moment everything was okay. Just right. The water came up and kissed the shore, a beautiful girl standing beside me. Luna's voice finally pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Race you!" She said as she opened the door and ran towards the water.

I quickly followed after. The wet sand felt cold beneath my bare feet. Once my skin felt the water, I felt like I was floating. It was overwhelming. I had never been this close to the earth before, or at least, I've never felt this close.

I walked in slowly, letting the water gather around my ankles and pull me in. The ocean was dark and deep. A true mystery. Kind of like my mind.

Luna was already thigh deep in and I ran after her. She smiled at me, the biggest and brightest smile I've seen since I met her.

"Thank you for bringing me here." Her eyes were glowing with the stars.

"I wouldn't have brought anyone else," I said.

And as we stood there, thigh deep in the chilling, dark, beautiful sea, I stared at Luna. Her skin was fair and the moon's reflection off the ocean cast a white light upon her face and her hair blew in the slight wind as she stared at me too.

"Luna, you are gorgeous," I said quietly.

"You're not too bad yourself." She stared into my eyes. I felt her hand on my neck.

As soon as I rested my hands on her waist, I felt the electricity that was pulsating from our bodies. I had millions of butterflies in my stomach and my heart was racing. How do people do this?

"You can kiss me, Sebastian." Luna looked at my lips, and up to my eyes. "If you want to."

I nodded and smiled. "I do."

I bent down and she lifted herself up onto her tip-toes, placing my lips gently on hers. They were soft, and our kiss swayed and danced as the waves did around our ankles. I cupped her neck with my hands and felt her delicate skin on my fingertips.

I held on for a bit longer, and even when I pulled away I could still feel the sparks on my lips. Luna breathed let out a breath and bit her lip.

"You know, for a first kiss, that wasn't half bad," she said, moving her hands from my neck down to my torso.

"I was your first kiss?" I said, stunned.

"Yes. It was way better than my mom told me they were," she chuckled.

"Well, can I be your second kiss, too?"

Luna nodded and reached up, connecting our lips again. A fire burned deep inside me, one I haven't felt before. It was scary and new and it confused me, but I liked it.

After we decided it was too cold to stay in the ocean any longer, we splashed our way back to the shore and changed into dry clothes, climbing in the back of the van.

Luna and I got under the covers and stared out of the van. She laid a few inches away from me, but I could still feel the heat radiating off of her. She soon fell asleep, her eyes closed peacefully.

I let the taste of her linger on my lips for a little while longer, and then I fell asleep.

***

a/n:

I hope you liked this chapter please vote and feel free to leave a comment if you'd like!