chapter 28

oblivion indians

Luna

"So what's the surprise?" I asked Sebastian as I put on a dress. He told me we had to dress fancy so I found the fanciest thing I could. It was just a little grey summer dress that tied up at the back but it would do for tonight.

"Well if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise." Sebastian came out of the bathroom with nicely combed hair, a dress shirt and a pair of jeans. He looked so good, I had to close my mouth before I started drooling.

"Were the most un-fancy fancy couple I've ever seen," I laughed.

"It'll do. Shall we?" He offered his arm and we left the room and down to the car.

The sun was already down but the sky was still dark purple and pink with white clouds painted on lazily. It was still warm so I didn't really need a wrap or sweater. Today I was feeling really good, not even getting a chill like I usually do.

My muscles kind of ached as I sat down and buckled up but I ignored it, I wanted to have fun tonight.

Sometime before we got to the place, Sebastian made me cover my eyes with my hands, and so I did.

"Are we there yet? My face is getting sweaty." I whined.

"Almost." I had absolutely no idea where we were going, his voice was hard to read.

I groaned and then felt Sebastian's hand pull mine away from my face.

We were parked outside of a brown building with a small light out front. It was kind of on the edge of a hill, so you could see the town from where we were.

"Is this the part where you murder me?" I smiled.

"Yeah. I have a chainsaw in the back." He said, opening my door for me.

I followed him up to the door and he opened it. When it opened I was hit with the smell of delicious food. I didn't know what food, but my stomach was already growling.

The restaurant had black walls lined with fairy lights and small faux trees in places of the room. The tables were black and the chairs were covered with white covers.

It was honestly beautiful and so elegant.

"This has gotta be expensive," I said in awe.

"It was, but the money was worth it," he smiled. A man in a suit came over and smiled.

"Your table is ready, Mr. Green." We followed him to our small table. It had a small rose in a vase like every other table, and two small candles.

The man had an apron and two menus in his hands as he stood upright, smiling solemnly at us.

"What can I get you two to drink?" He asked.

Sebastian and I looked at the drink menus and decided upon sparkling water because we wanted to be fancy. We couldn't yet legally drink, and believe me, champagne would have been my first choice.

"This is so beautiful," I said quietly across the table.

"The best for my girl."

I leaned across the table and planted a kiss on his lips. They were warm and soft and it made me never want to pull away but I couldn't just stay leaning across the table with my face plastered on his. Perhaps later.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"The Tavern," he said.

"I can't believe you brought me here." I literally could not believe it.

He just shook his head and blushed. He looked nervous.

"What should I order?" I asked.

"Something expensive," Sebastian said, looking at the menu.

"Everything here is expensive!" I exclaimed.

"Well, I'm treating you tonight. So get whatever you want," he said, "I'm going to get the steak."

"You know what, me too. We've been eating too many sandwiches and bacon lately." I placed my menu at the edge of the table.

"Good choice."

***

"That was so good. I can't believe how good that was." Sebastian was leaning back in his chair smiling at me as I pushed a piece of carrot around my plate with my fork.

"I know. That definitely beats the sandwiches," I agreed, "thank you very much."

"No thanking here. You deserve it," he said.

I just shook my head and smiled, pushing my hair behind my ear and looking into my lap. I brought my head back up to meet Sebastian's eyes. They were sparkling, not like I've seen them sparkle before. He had his head tilted, just slightly, his cheeks flushed, his mouth just in a thin line with the corners upturned just slightly.

"What?" I blushed.

"I love you."

a/n: akdieJiebdixiwbWOXI

I killed myself writing this. Please give it a vote and comment if you liked💞 I also think I'm caught up on updates? So next update will be Wednesday💞

(Wanna let it be known that the Tavern doesn't actually exist I came up with the whole restaurant but if there is a Tavern in Salt Lake City or in any place for that matter it is purely coincidence)