chapter 39

all we ever knew the head and the heart

Luna

It took the hospital a long time of convincing and begging because of what happened the last time I left, but they finally allowed me to go to Sebastian's house for Thanksgiving for the weekend.

I was kind of nervous to meet his family for the first time. I could've met them earlier but the hospital wouldn't let me leave before. Now that they know I can survive without their help, they seem to let me do more things that I ask.

We were almost there and Sebastian was driving us there. It was starting to get dark out and the sun was beginning to set. My heart felt full. Like, so full I felt like it could not be filled anymore. I had everything that I needed in life. I had Sebastian, my family, Adam. And although my body doesn't work the way it's supposed to, I had that. I can see beautiful things and I can breathe the fresh air and feel the cold chill of the sea. Now, I was about to meet Sebastian's parents.

"I can't wait to meet them," I said. He smiled at me and rubbed my arm.

When we got to his house, I kind of laughed. The first time I was here, we parked like 60 feet away and stood at Adam's window. Now we were actually in the driveway.

Sebastian came over and opened my door for me, grabbing my IV drip. The hospital gave me a portable one with enough medication to last the weekend. It had wheels and a handle, which was very convenient.

"Thank you," I smiled. He kissed my cheek and we walked up to his big, red door. I felt my palms get sweaty but I wiped them on my pants as he opened the door.

"Sebastian honey! Is that you?" A woman's voice called.

"Yeah, mom. We're here." He shut the door and I stood awkwardly in the doorway. He pulled my hand and I followed him into the kitchen.

"You must be Luna!" Sebastian's mom walked over and pulled me in for a hug. I embraced her tightly and felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

"Hi, Mrs. Green." I smiled and Sebastian wrapped an arm around my waist.

"It's Lily to you," she grinned.

"It's really great to meet you. I've been waiting forever," I sighed.

"Yeah, I know! It's been what... 4 months since you and Sebastian got together?"

"Yeah, that sounds right. I can't believe that." I shook my head in disbelief and turned my head to face the door as Sebastian's father came in. His dad looked kind of similar to his sons but much older. He had wrinkles on his eyes and forehead, his cheeks were sort of droopy. His eyes were a duller blue.

"Dad, I'd like you to meet Luna," Sebastian said.

His dad took off his coat and tie and smiled at me, sticking his hand out.

"It's nice to finally meet you." I shook his hand firmly.

"Yeah you too, Mr. Green."

"Call me Noah," he said. I nodded and let him get past me as he made his way to kiss Lily.

"So Luna, I made Sebastian clean his room. We don't have a spare so you'll have to sleep there. Don't worry, he can sleep on the couch," she smiled.

I didn't want to tell her that Sebastian and I have shared a bed before, so I just nodded, hoping silently that Sebastian would sneak up into his room later tonight.

"Okay, that sounds great."

She went back to making the soup and Sebastian helped me up to the stairs.

"You'll sneak in tonight?" I whispered.

"You know it."

After reaching the top, I followed him as he led me into his room.

Sebastian's room was a dull grey. He had a bed in one corner that was neatly made with blue covers and pillowcases. A black desk was sat underneath the window with papers galore scattered across its surface. There was a small bottle of ink and a pen on the side and it made me smile.

And there, on his nightstand, lay the infamous Sebastian Green Notebook.

"So, this is where you will be staying ma'am." He opened the door for me and I walked in.

"This is a nice room. Mine at home is probably still pink and full of butterflies," I laughed, looking at all the pictures he had. There was one on his desk of him, an older man and a girl.

"That's my grandpa and my sister, Liza," he said.

Liza was beautiful and she looked just like Lily. She had freckles just like Sebastian did, but she had dark brown eyes instead of blue like her brothers do.

"She was very gorgeous," I said, looking at him and back at the picture of his grandpa.

He had grey hair and a big toothy smile. He looked like a very happy man and the picture itself made me smile. Sebastian vaguely resembled his grandfather.

Sebastian kissed my cheek and my attention got turned away and onto him.

His lips pushed onto mine and I stumbled backward, flopping onto his bed and laughing as he kissed my cheeks and down my chin.

"Sebastian," I laughed as he kept peppering me with kisses.

"Uh, Sebastian mom wants-"

Adam stood in the doorway and Sebastian got off of me, laughing. I smiled and tried to contain my laughter as Adam's facial expressions turned from neutral to disgusted.

"Yes, what does mom want?"

"She wanted me to tell you to tell Luna that she can use the shower or anything she wants. That our home is her home."

"Tell your mom I say thank you," I said to him.

Adam smiled and turned around to leave.

"Adam, wait. Do you like monopoly?" I asked.

He came back and smiled. "Yes, I love it, why?"

"I say we kick Sebastian's butt."

"I say I agree," he grinned evilly at his brother.

"Yeah laugh all you want, but I'm gonna beat both of you."

"Not a chance, dude," Adam scoffed.

a/n: is it Wednesday already?

hope you liked the chapter! what did you think of it? What do you think about Adam?

Thanks for reading and as always, all the love❤️