chapter 53

welcome back to you aron wright

Sebastian

I felt my hands shaking as I walked down the halls with my mom to the office. It was my first day back at school in the past two years.

I elicited weird stares and looks from students as we walked, but I ignored them.

The principal smiled at me and gave me a huge hug when we got to the office.

"It's great to see you again, Mr. Green!"

I grinned. "You too."

"Okay, so I'm just going to have your mom fill out the paperwork and such. Here is your schedule and your textbooks will be waiting for you in the library."

I nodded and took my schedule, making my way to the library. It surprised me that I still knew how to find my way around.

The librarian looked like she recognized me but she didn't say anything. I smiled at her when she handed me my textbooks, making my way to English class, my favorite class.

I passed by familiar faces but I kept my head down for the most part. My anxiety was starting to flare up. The smell of cologne mixed with perfume, the cold draft, everything reminded me why I hated this place.

My books were slippery in my clammy hands. I looked ahead and felt the bile rise up my throat.

My old friends.

They looked at me and whispered amongst themselves. I'm sure they couldn't recognize me. My hair grew longer, my skin cleared up, my eye bags grew darker. Everything about me has changed, including my mental health, but they still looked at me the same.

I made sure to make direct eye contact walking by them, saying with my eyes, 'yeah, I'm back. I'm feeling great.'

I walked into my class and placed down my books, getting glances from familiar faces.

As I let out a sigh, I just remembered how the only thing I looked forward to after school was seeing my grandfather, and now that wasn't an option anymore.

A few of my old friends walked into the room, staring at me as they went to their desks. My English teacher came in and beamed when he saw me.

"Ah! Mr. Green, I heard you're back. I haven't seen you in forever come give me a hug."

I chuckled and walked up to Mr. Fitz, giving him a tight hug. He patted my back and walked me into the hall with his arm around my shoulder.