chapter 37

tell me that you love me james smith

Sebastian

It took a couple of days, but I finally made it to Bellevue again in New York. Even though I wasn't at home or back in the hospital I still felt like my personal freedom was already being stripped from me.

The August air was warm, and the sun was beginning to set above the clouds. I took in a deep breath before heading into the hospital. Luna would already be back since she took a flight yesterday.

I made my way through the doors and as soon as I did, a few doctors took notice of me.

"Are you Sebastian Green?" They asked. A nurse came up to me.

"Yes. Where can I find Luna Matthews' room?" I asked.

"No you can't you have to go back to the mental hospital." She grabbed my arm and tried to pull me down the hall urgently.

"No, I'm fine." I pulled my arms out of her grip and began walking away.

"Mr. Green, you must go back." She tried to grab my arms firmly again and I walked faster away, looking back at her. She stopped and started talking to a doctor, presumably about me.

Another doctor came walking towards me and I cut in front of him. "Excuse me, where can I find Luna Matthews?"

"I'm not allowed to disclose that information unless it's to the family." He said. He flipped through papers on his clipboard.

"Please, I know her family and I'm her boyfriend. Please."

"I'm not one to go against the rules, but," he sighed and leaned in, "room 206, fourth floor."

"Thank you very much." I smiled.

As I walked into her room, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. It had only been a few days and I already missed her like crazy.

I wonder how much I'll miss her when she's gone.

When I reached the door I knocked before Will appeared in the door frame.

"Oh, hello Sebastian," he said.

"Hi, Mr. Matthews. May I come in?"

"I don't think you should."

"Okay I don't mean to be rude sir, but what is the problem with me? I know that fathers are supposed to be overprotective or what not, but why are you so... rude?" I asked, furrowing my brows and crossing my arms.

"I'm not rude, son, I'm being the dad. I just don't want Luna hurt. I don't want her to feel heartbreak or have you being the only thing she remembers when she's gone if you don't stay."

My breath kind of got taken away from me. I breathed deeply and sighed. "Well, I'm not going anywhere. I'm sticking around as long as she does. I love her, Mr. Matthews," I explained. He sighed and shook his head, staring into my eyes.

Will stuck out his hand after a long time. I shook it hesitantly and he gripped it firmly. He didn't say anything before walking away, leaving me alone in Luna's doorway.

Luna was sleeping, her blankets pulled down to her waist. She was cold.

Her skin was warm as I pulled the covers up to her shoulders and her chest rose and fell slowly as she breathed.

As I bent down to kiss her cheek, she stirred and opened her eyes.

"Sebastian?" She asked. I nodded and smiled. She laughed and threw her hands around my neck, pulling me into a big hug.

"Hi. How was your flight?" I asked. She sat up and moved over and I climbed under the blankets.

"It was awful. It was short though but I felt sick the whole time."

"Awe, my poor baby," I laughed and she scrunched her nose up.

"Yeah but I'm glad you're here now," she smiled and curled up into my chest and I pulled the covers up again.

"So good news," I said, playing with her hair, "your dad finally shook my hand."

She shot up with a huge smile on her face. "Are you serious? That's awesome."

"I didn't think he would," I said.

Luna pressed her soft lips on mine and the sparks were back again. I held on a little longer and then she kissed my jawline and my neck and up to my lips again.

I laughed and she smiled against my skin.

"I'm tired," she said.

"You're always tired," I whined jokingly.

"Shush, I'm dying," she laughed. I rolled my eyes at her and pulled her close.

"Want to take a nap?" I asked. She nodded. "Do you want me to leave?" She shook her head.

Luna looked so beautiful even when she wasn't trying. She fell asleep to me just brushing her hair back and softly touching her cheek.

The one thing I couldn't get off my mind was how Will shook my hand. It made me feel like I was one step closer to actually becoming his friend, or at least closer than what we are right now.

That's one thing I'm sure of.

a/n: thanks for reading! Sorry for the late update I usually update around lunchtime on Wednesday but I was busy today so here it is💞

Thanks for reading, feel free to vote and comment