chapter 40

everglow ollie green

Luna

"I can't believe that you won. I think you cheated," Sebastian said.

"That's what you said the last time we played," I laughed.

"Sebby you're just jealous 'cause you went bankrupt," Adam said as he started to count his money.

"I'm gonna grab us some chips," Sebastian chuckled as he walked to the kitchen.

"Sebastian really likes you, you know," Adam said quietly.

"I know." I felt myself blushing.

"He talks about you all the time. It gets kind of annoying sometimes but it's kind of amazing he finds something different to say about you every time."

I laughed. "That's funny. I kind of feel like I'm a boring person."

"Not to him."

"Okay I got Doritos and salt and vinegar," Sebastian said as he entered the room with two party-sized bowls.

"Mm." I had been so hungry since supper and the thought of having some chips made my mouth water. I actually haven't had that luxury in a while.

I was sat on a small sofa and Sebastian grabbed a blanket and slumped down next to me, covering us with the blanket.

"Adam, pick out a movie. Like a cool movie," he said.

"What's a 'cool movie?'" I asked, chuckling.

"I don't know, just a cool movie. Like a good movie."

I shook my head at the boy with the deep blue eyes and cuddled up into his chest as Adam put Spider-Man into the DVD player.

I reached over and grabbed the bowl of Doritos, munching on a few before I felt myself become drowsy.

"You tired?" Sebastian whispered. Adam had shut the lights off and curled up in a blanket of his own on the opposite chair.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"You can go to bed. We can finish this movie tomorrow night," he said, rubbing my back.

"Okay." I reached up and pecked his lips.

I stood up and laid the blanket on Sebastian as he smiled at me.

"Goodnight Adam."

He looked over and smiled. "Night, Luna."

I bent down and whispered into Sebastian's ear, "See you soon?"

He nodded and I kissed his temple before making my way upstairs.

I accidentally opened the door to a closet before remembering which room was Sebastian's. I walked over and turned on his small black lamp that lit the room dimly.

His bed was neatly made with fresh blue sheets and covers. He had a picture of him and me on his nightstand, along with another of him and Adam. My eyes snagged on his tattered journal that was sitting, closed on his nightstand.

I had such a strong feeling to open it to a random page and read, but I knew he wouldn't want me prying into his private life. I pushed the thought away and changed into my underwear.

The small IV drip that I had taken just sat beside the bed and I curled up into the covers, staring at the ceiling. It was only after I shut the lights off that I realized that Sebastian had a bunch of tiny glow in the dark stars stuck on his roof.

"Since you can't sleep under the real stars anymore, I thought I'd bring some to you." I heard a quiet voice whisper in the dark.

"They look pretty cool," I said, my heart racing at the small gesture.

I felt the bed dip beside me and he crawled under the covers. He quickly threw his shirt on the floor and laid on his stomach, resting his arm across my body.

"Remember when you said that one day I could read your thoughts?" I asked.

"Mhm," he mumbled sleepily.

"When is 'one day?'"

He didn't answer for a few minutes, and I thought he had fallen asleep.

"I'm not quite sure yet. I promise you can read them. Just not yet."

"Okay," I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"I love you, Luna." He groaned, his breaths becoming deeper.

"I love you, too," I replied, but he had already fallen asleep.

As I looked at the little stars on his ceiling, I shut my eyes and brought myself back to when we were laying in the back of his car, staring at the real stars. I remembered his long breaths as I laid beside him. All I could think was how much I longed to go back, but deep down, I knew I never could. I didn't let that thought consume me too much, because I had something good now too. I was laying in his bed, with him asleep beside me.

a/n: hope you liked this chapter, please tell me what you thought !

Love you and all the support💞