chapter 25

all i want kodaline

Sebastian

After almost drifting to sleep a couple of times, tapping the steering wheel to the beat of my music and a few gas stops, we finally made it to Utah.

Incredibly, Luna was still sound asleep. I could hear her little snores. They weren't loud or annoying, they were soft and cute. I chuckled to myself as I parked the car at a hotel and I rubbed her arm from my seat.

"We're here Luna," I whispered.

The sun was shining through the mountains, rising as it was early in the morning, around six.

"In Salt Lake City?" She muttered, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. Her hair was sticking out in all directions and she pulled it up into a low-hanging bun.

I laughed. "Yes, ma'am. We're at a hotel right now. Do you want to get checked in or wake up?"

"Let's check in and eat some breakfast. Hopefully, they still have it out. I'm starved." She quickly changed into some jeans and I grabbed our bag with hygienic products and clean clothes.

"Hi, we're looking for a room for a couple of nights," I said to the receptionist, turning around to see if Luna followed behind me.

She grinned politely and typed furiously into her computer. "You're lucky sir, we have only two more rooms left. We're almost fully booked."

"Perfect timing I guess. How much will that be?"

"For two nights it comes to $105.98."

I grabbed some money from the baggie and handed it to her. She kind of eyed me weirdly as I put the big Ziploc bag of money away. I just ignored it.

"Alright. The pool is open from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. We serve breakfast from 7:00 AM until 11:00 AM. I hope you enjoy your stay." She handed us our keycard and Luna and I took the elevator up to our room. Great, breakfast would be hot and fresh.

I felt her snake her arm around my waist and pull herself closer, resting her head on my chest. I let my hand rest of the small of her back until we reached our floor.

"I could honestly go back to sleep," she mumbled against me, not letting go as we walked to the door. She still was wrapped around me as I stuck the keycard into the door.

"Naps are for losers," I whispered quickly before running into the room and jumping onto the bed.

This was much nicer than the one we stayed in last time. The beds felt cleaner and comfier and the TV seemed to have more channels. The view was better too.

"We should go swimming," Luna said, sitting on the opposite side of the bed.

"Sounds like a plan. But we should go swimming in the lake, not in the pool. Ew, bacteria," I made a face and scrunched my nose.

"You sound like my mother," she shook her head smiling.

"So, lake it is?"

Her eyes lit up. "And we can go paddle boarding?"

"Heck ya, we can. We can do whatever we want." Luna jumped over to me and pecked my lips and I smiled through the kiss, feeling her lips tug up into a grin as well.

This moment made me realize that I wanted Luna to be the rest of my kisses because every time we kiss, it feels like I'm listening to my favourite song again for the very first time. And I think if you find that, you've got something really special.

"Let's wait until the sun is setting to go through. It'll be much prettier," she stated, plopping down beside me.

"That sounds like a very good plan, I'm on board."

I wrapped my arm around her and we laid there, the sun shining through the curtains, the TV playing quietly in the background.

"You know," Luna said, "even though I know I'm gonna die, it's honestly worth it now. You know, 'cause I got to do all these incredible things. Especially with you."

I bit my tongue and tried to choke back the tears. Whenever she talked about dying like this it always made me remember that she was just a girl. A dying girl. It was a slap in the face every single time.

My heart felt sad. "I'm glad I got to do all this stuff with you, too."

"Like, my life before had no purpose at all. I didn't have a story. Now I have a story," she explained.

"You will be my greatest story," I said.

"You are my only story," she whispered by my ear.