chapter 59

shiver lucy rose

Sebastian

I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me. My hair was brushed through, my eyes were dark, my smile was gone. I dusted down my black suit and left the room, checking on Adam.

He was sitting at his desk, his suit all dishevelled. His hair wasn't done, he wasn't even ready. He was being so selfish.

"Why haven't you done your hair," I asked, walking to him, "we're leaving in 20 minutes."

"Sorry," he grumbled, getting up. He grabbed a brush and angrily tugged through his hair. After the minimal effort of making himself look presentable for my girlfriend's funeral, he was 'ready', and we went downstairs.

My mom adjusted my collar and pulled my forehead down to plant a light kiss on it. I forced a smile and my dad pat my back.

"Are we all ready?" He said.

"I think so," my mom said.

Just when the day couldn't get worse, the sky was grey, the sun was not shining. It seemed like happiness ceased to exist when Luna left. Usually, I liked gloomy or rainy days, but today it made everything that much worse.

"Sebastian, are you ready to speak?" My mom asked.

"I guess so," I said. I don't know how I am going to stand up there in front of everyone and talk about the love of my life, who we were putting into the ground, but I knew I had to do it.

"Adam, what about you?"

He nodded but didn't say anything, just looking out the car window.

When we reached the cemetery, my anxiety spiked up. There were many people here. Some I recognized, but most of them I didn't know at all.

Everyone was dressed in black, the sky was dressed in grey. Some people were smiling, some people were crying, some weren't even all here.

I could see Gus and Miles standing beside each other, talking. I didn't think Miles would even show up.

"Sebastian!" I turned around and Denessy wrapped her arms around me tightly. I could feel her sobbing and I rubbed her back, Will walking up behind her.

She kissed my cheek and Will led her away, sitting on one of the many chairs.

It took a few minutes until everyone was sat down and quiet, and soon, it started. Adam was sitting beside me, staring plainly at the casket.

It was white. Covered in yellow lilies. The only thing brightening the day were the flowers. Of course, Luna requested lilies. Roses were much too formal, much too cliche.

"Luna was adored by many. We have one of her special friends with us today, who would like to say a few words," the man smiled.

He didn't really seem to care much. He must perform these all the time. Read the same thing, say the same things, then it's done.

I stood up and rubbed my hands on my pants. Why, on the day of all days, was the sun not shining? Why on the day when my Sun had to leave me?

I stood in front of her casket that was draped in bright yellow lilies, took a deep breath in, and looked at the crowd.

Luna's parents were crying, and so was Adam. Gus looked at me, and Miles stared blankly at the casket.

"Luna was the greatest enigma. She was until the very end, utterly gorgeous. She was the epitome of happiness. I can tell you, without a doubt, Luna was the strongest person I have ever met. I can even prove it too. When I first met her, I was standing on the roof. She had carried her IV drip all the way up the staircase."

This emitted a slight laugh from the large crowd.

"I'm sure some of us were closer to her than others. Some of us knew Luna and loved her deeply. Some of us may not have known exactly who she was, but we knew that she was the light of everything.

"I'm proud to say that I had the opportunity to love her, to know her. To have felt her love. It is indescribable. I'm sure anyone who knew Luna was proud to have a girl like her in their life.

"She suffered, beautifully for so long. I'm not sure many know, Luna struggled with the concept of God and the universe. She didn't understand why this was happening. I don't exactly know my thoughts on God either, whether He's real. All I know is, if heaven is a place, it was made Luna. It's her time to rest now."

I bent down and whispered to her, "I'll see you again. I know it." I noticed the ring Gus gave her still on her delicate finger.

As I stood up, I felt a familiar warmth to my face. And as I looked up at the sky, there shining bright and beautiful between the clouds, was the sun.

a/n: hey guys. I know I kinda went MIA for a while. This is because I've been busy.

Please, tell me your thoughts so far? I'm sorry for the late update. I promise I'll get back on the schedule.❤️

❤️