chapter 58

i love you billie eilish

Sebastian

Gus and Adam eventually came out. Adam was sobbing, so Gus took him for a walk after giving me a sorrowful look. I sighed and Denessy stared at me with red eyes I went in.

The sight when I walked in broke my heart. I could feel my lungs start to cave in. Luna's face lost its colour, all of it. It was pale as snow. Her eyes were shut, her lips were cracked, dry and bleeding. Her body covered in dark bruises. She had numerous tubes connecting to various parts of her body, and I felt myself break down.

Tears spilled from my eyes as I dropped to the ground, my heart-wrenching at the sight of my best friend laying lifelessly on the hospital bed.

"Sebastian?" A soft voice croaked through the room.

I quickly wiped the tears away and stood up to meet Luna's gaze. Her green eyes hadn't lost their colour yet. They were still as vibrant and alive as ever. Beautiful.

"It's okay. I'm here Luna." I walked to her and pulled a chair up beside her bed. Luna held my hand and pulled it closer.

"Lay with me."

I hesitated.

"You're not going to hurt me. I'm not a porcelain doll, she grinned. I carefully maneuvered myself onto Luna's hospital bed and she laid her head on my chest.

She looked so weak, so frail. She was cold as ice, and I pulled the blanket up over her shoulders.

"Sebastian, promise me when I'm gone, you'll still stay the strong, brave, wonderful, adventurous boy that you are. That you'll never lose your love of the stars or of simple things. Promise me you won't cry. Promise me that you won't shut everyone out. Promise me."

I cried again. "I promise."

"I had a really great time with you. You will always be my best friend."

"And you were mine," I said, sobbing into her shoulder. She rubbed my back and I felt her warm tears on my cheek. I kept telling myself that she was going to make it through this, that she would be okay. But Luna knows her body better than anyone else, and she was saying her goodbyes.

"I love you," she said.

My lips pursed together as I held my tears at bay. "I love you, too."

"I'm in pain."

"I know." I kissed her forehead and she snuggled closer to me, even though it was hurting her.

Luna began violently coughing and I got up and grabbed a bucket. Blood splattered across the floor and when she was handed the bucket she threw up profusely. I pulled her hair up and rubbed her back. She groaned in pain.