Episode 7- Part 3- Match Up Ceremony

"Why...are you up there?" AJL asked, making her way out into the backyard where she saw Dean sitting high up on top a branch of a tree.

He shrugged, "Chillin. Becoming one with nature."

She folded her arms as she stood at the base of the tree looking up at him.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I saw you climbing up the tree from the window of the bedroom. And yes, I also saw that you fell on your first attempt."

".....I was testing gravity."

She smiled, "Can I perhaps join you?"

"Yea sure. Why not?"

AJ hopped up on the tree, trying to climb it to reach where Dean was. He reached out his hands to help her and she eventually made her way up to him.

She sat on the wide branch next to him, "Wow. This is a great view. Do you always come up here?"

"Nah. This is my first time. However back home in Cincinnati I always climbed trees. This one time my neighbours called the cops on me because they found me in their tree. I got charged for trespassing. Stupid right?"

"Wow. You got charged because you were in a tree that didnt belong to you. You really are a bad boy."

"The thug life aint easy AJ." he said.

She giggled, "So, why are you always by yourself. I mean, I havent been seeing you trying to get to know anyone. Thats whats this game is about right."

"Well, I sorta already know what I want. Its just a matter of time until I get it. Patience is everything."

"And what do you want? That Renee girl?"

Dean didnt respond. He just stared straight ahead.

"She clearly doesnt give a crap about you. Do you guys even talk anymore?"

"Well...no. Not after I found out she hooked up with Seth. I tried contacting her when we were back home but she told me that its better for us to stay apart. She said that she didnt want a relationship at the moment because she was so caught up with school but....here she is trying to find her match." he said amusingly, "I use to keep blowing up her phone but I think she blocked my number."

"Was it weird seeing her here?"

"Yea" he scoffed "But im giving her space. Eventually she'll come to her senses. Thats why im waiting it out."

"Wow. You got a lot of heart. Whats so special about her anyway?"

"I dont even know but....theres something. Theres definitely something there."

"So you think shes your match?" AJ asked.

He shrugged, "Who knows. But, until I find a reason not to like her, she's always going to be in my mind."

"A reason not to like her? You got to be kidding me. She hooked up with other guys, blocked your number, flat out told you she doesnt want to be with you, lead you on, basically used you. What are you waiting for her to do next? Kill your dog?"

"I dont know. Something's telling me that she'll come around eventually."

"Yea when she runs out of options." AJ rolled her eyes. "You're going to be like a last resort to her. Would you feel better then?"

Dean just shook his head as he continued staring off into the distance.

AJ stared at Dean in his light blue eyes as the wind calmly blew his shaggy, dirty blonde hair across his face. She had never noticed how good looking he was until now. She felt so stupid that she was caught up with other guys in the beginning and had not capitalized on a chance to pursue Dean at first. The more he lingered in her mind, the more she realized that he's what she was looking for. He was different. He wasn't chasing girls around or hooking up every night. Plus, she really admired how devoted and loyal he was. Once his heart was set on something that's all he wanted and she could relate to that.