Reunited

Lilys pov

I cross my legs and lean back against James's chest as Dumbledore speaks to us, we got back from a three-day mission just this morning and came straight here, a new lead apparently on the horizon. "A what?" James asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "A ball" Dumbledore repeats with only a little inpatients. "Sorry, i just wasn't ever expecting a ball with the Malfoys to be our top priority, lead or no lead" he almost laughs shaking his head slowly, eyes widening. "Yeah, me neither" i agree sitting up straight and letting my hands clasp together in my lap. "They're celebrating miss Blacks recent marriage into the Lestrange family, they always have been rather extravagant" he mutters under his breath. "We need you to infiltrate the gathering, it shouldn't be difficult there are countless amounts of people going, and look for any sign of illegal activity, if we can take Voldemorts followers down for crimes unconnected to him it makes it more difficult for them to plead to the imperius curse" his eyes are grave and slightly hopeful as he speaks, the signs of exhaustion wearing heavily on him. "we're sending you two if not for the meer fact that you would most likely blend in better than myself or Alistor but you are also the most skilled and responisble, we had thought of Mr.Black, to begin with, but his conncetions make him unpredictable and Mr.Lupin and Mr.Petigrew are......unreachable at the moment" he trails off not needing to go into anymore detail, it has been known for a few days that Remus and Peter have not sent any word back on their situation but we have been told not to panic, they will come back....they just have to.  "Okay, so how are we not going to be recognised them, i assume polijuice potion although i don't exactly have a pot stored in the kitchen at home" James remarks with only a little sarcasm, dulled down to respect the matter at hand, i scowl up at him but he doesn't seem to notice. "Actually it is a masquerade and you are right we don't have time to brew any at this moment, you are welcome to alter your appearance if you wish but really that is up to you" he announces standing up. "I wish you the best on luck" with that he nods once and turns disapparating out of the room into nothing. I turn to look at James and take a deep breath "Right" i sigh looking down at myself "I suppose we should get ready". James grins standing up and walking over to the door "Prepare to swoon when you see me" he beams disappearing into the hall. 

Luckily while my mum and dad were alive i had attended a number of weddings and still retained a large amount of formal and bridesmaids dresses along with the ones accumulated from being friends with Mar all these years. I settle on a black dress with a daring slit up the leg and spaghetti straps with a sweetheart neckline, black heals and i managed to dig out some old masks, mine gold to match my golden jewellery and a jet black one for James, each tied at the back with a dark ribbon. Once dressed i quickly grab my dark green overcoat and head out of the door, meeting James as he turns around, all dressed in perfectly fitted black dress robes and a wide smile on his face as i reach him. "you look incredible" he smirks drawing me down instantly down to kiss him and i let my weight rest in his arms, hands trailing up over his shoulders. "Come on or we'll never go" i mumble already questioning my own motivation as the words leave my mouth, he certainly didn't over exaggerate how good he would look. "Lets not then" he groans pulling away but keeping his arms linked around my back. I smirk down at him and tilt my head to the side "And do you want to be the one to explain why it is we didn't turn up to Madeye?" he looks down once and shrugs "I reckon he'd understand" i smack his chest lightly and pull out of his embrace heading towards the door and slipping my coat on. "Hurry up" i laugh motioning for him to join me. 

We appear in the entryway to Malfoy Manor, fully lit up for the occasion, but otherwise, i would assume it to be rather gloomy looking on the everyday basis, nothing like the Potters with beautiful grounds and greenery. Passing through the large open metal gates we slip through the crowds of swarming people into the main house, masks safely on and myself holding on to James's arm.  "Lots of people to turn up to a complete nutjobs party," James says in a hushed tone causing me to giggle lightly. "Shhh" i laugh as we reach the bar. James orders us some drinks and we start to scalp the area, finding a small round table near the back windows to get a good view from. "I can't see any death eater marks' i mention scanning the room. We discovered the mark of the death eaters, a serpent and skull tattoo located on the forearm months ago although it is rare we actually see one, increasing the difficulty to identify them for certain. "Well, i didn't exactly think they'd be waving them about" James shrugs in a whisper. "Maybe we should split up, we might catch someone more easily" i suggest looking up at him. he frowns slightly, lips tightening into a thin line before answering "Okay fine, but not for long" he says reluctantly as i pick up my drink and wink at him before turning and leaving to look around.