Future plans

Lily's pov
I don't think Iv ever felt so welcome anywhere in my life and Iv only been here for a couple hours. Although being with James mum and dad just makes me think about mine. It still hurts. I haven't even got to go back to our house yet, I don't even know if I'll be able to, if it will be to painful.

I'm sat in the kitchen with everyone, around a large, circular wooden table. "So lily do you know what you want to do when you get out of school?" James's dad asks taking a sip of his tea. "Well at first I thought I wanted to be a healer you know help people in some way but now..what with everything that's going on id say my best chance at helping people is to become an aurora" I reply, trying not to make eye contact with James. I know he's not going to be happy about my new change of plans. He looks hurt but i try to ignore it.
"Well I can tell you now we'll be lucky to have you, the boys tell me your very talented" he says smiling. "Well I like to think so" I joke. Everyone laughs but I can tell James's is forced. I'll have to talk to him about this later.
"And Remus your still wanting to become one two" "yea I'm with lily here I want to help" He pats my arm and I force smile. Everyone is silent and I'm preying that someone breaks the tension. "Mar's coming in a few days," thank the Lord for Sirius black. "and everyone else is going to be out on Monday right cause we're go.." "Yes ok Sirius we don't need details and yes we're all going to be out for the day I promise" James's mum says waving her hand in Sirius's direction. "Well I was just checking" .
I'm can feel myself getting tired and I'd like to avoid an argument with James tonight so I thinks it's best if I go to sleep as soon as possible. "Well it's getting late and I'm shattered so I'll be going to bed. thanks again for letting me stay Mr and Mrs Potter" I say smiling. "Oh love what did I say" James's mum laughs. "right right ok I won't be so formal anymore" I stand up and hug everyone goodnight. I go to kiss James on the cheek but he stands up. "You know I'm getting tired to I think I'll go up as well".

Everyone says goodnight again and we then head for the stairs. I know it's coming, he's going to say it. We reach my room in silence and just as I open my door. "Lily about what you said earlier I" "James I know what your going to say ok and I get it you don't want me to get hurt but I have to help in some way" I can fell myself getting irritated but i try to retain from raising my voice. He walks straight past me into my room and pulls me with him, closes the door and stays facing it. "You don't get it do you" he turns back to face me. "Lily I can't lose you ok I can't. And becoming and aurora it's just..it's so..so dangerous." He's walks closer to me and has his hands around my arms. "I know ok I get it but I won't sit by and do nothing I won't do it. Especially not when Iv been so affected by what's happening, by what Voldemort is doing." I feel my eyes start to well up but u don't want to cry right now. "I'm sorry lil I don't want to be possessive but what if something happens to you I'll..I'll never forgive myself" he looks away from me. I clasp my hands around his face and look straight into his eyes. "James listen. I know your scared but don't you think I'm terrified at the thought of losing you two. It's just as dangerous for me out there as it is for you, but I know this is something you have to do and I'm not going to try stop you. Please do the same for me" I'm anticipating his answer. This could cause really problems for us. I mean if he really can't come to terms with this being what I want to do then I won't do it, he means more to me. But I know it will take a long time to get over. "Okay but I swear to God lily I'm going to be practically stuck to you the whole time" I breath a sigh of relief and jump up to hug him. "I think I can deal with that" we both laugh and release from the hug. "Really though I don't know how I'd carry on if something happened to you" he bows his head and looks to the ground. I lift his chin with my finger and smile at him. "That's never going to happen" "and besides I'm going to have almighty James Potter and the marauders guarding me, I'll be more than safe"

We didn't speak about it again for the rest of the night but I knew we'd come to an agreement. we're both going to fight In this war.

I kissed James good night and went to get into my own bed.

I'm laying awake staring at the ceiling. It's freezing in here. I wonder if James is awake. Oh who am I kidding of cause he's not it only takes him about three seconds to fall asleep.

I'm silent for around 20 minutes before I decide it's getting stupid. I'm getting up. I look over to my clock to see its 1:30am. Let's hope James I up for visitors.

I get up and walk over to the door, and knock gently. "James, James are you awake" I await a reply. Seconds later it's swung open and a flustered James is stood in front of me. "Areyouokwhathappened, areyouhurt" he says almost to quick for me to understand as he appears to check me for injuries. I laugh and push him off. "James I'm fine...just cold" "agh why didn't you say so" he laughs as well and puts his arm around my shoulder leading me to bed. Once under the covers i lay on his chest, listening to the sound of his heart beat. "Goodnight James." "Goodnight Lily."
It's unbelievable how safe he can make me feel.