Birthday No.2

James POV
It's been a week since Lily's birthday and everyone had finally started to forget about the whole thing. There was a huge debate over what should happen to Belletrix but after a discussion that took far to long in my opinion it was decided that she won't be attending Hogwarts anymore which iv got to say is about the best news I could have hoped for. The others who completely dined helping her only got a months worth of detention but at least she's gone now.
It's been a long time coming if you ask me.
Sirius was probably the happiest out of all of us he got banners and balloons any everything.
Mcgonagul told him off and he had to take them down but it was fun while it lasted.

Now I'm finally getting to do something for Lily's birthday with her, I feel like iv been waiting for ages.
It's Friday night and we all got all of our work done so that tomorrow we could spend the whole day in the room of requirement again, like we wanted to last week.
But I'm doing something with her tonight just us two.
"Lil you ready" I call up the stairs.
"Shes coming" Mar yells back.
They've been up their for ages preening and doing god knows what to her but Lily insisted on having both Mar and Alice to help her get ready since they missed out on doing it for her actual birthday.

Lily's POV
Alice puts the finishing touches to my makeup before I stand up and take a look at myself in the mirror, I'm wearing a black dress that's tight-ish all the way to the floor that James got me for my birthday as well as the stag neckless I wear constantly that he gave me. It has a slit up one leg with makes it sooo much easier to walk in and a fairly low back. The neckline runs straight across my shoulders and is held up by thin spaghetti straps.
"The shoes you got look great with the dress" Mar says to Alice standing back to look at me.
"Yeah thanks Al" I smile down at the stunning mat black heals I'm currently wearing.
"Now come on lets go" they say almost at the same time as they hurry me out the door.
I laugh at their eagerness but don't resist.

As I reach the bottom step I catch sight of James stood waiting for me.
He's wearing a muggle clothes something I wasn't expecting.
He's got an all black suit with black shirt on and his hair has even been tamed a little, his glasses resting in the end of his nose make him look effortlessly incredible as he runs a hand through his hair nervously. I can't believe how luckily i am.

Our eyes meet and he automatically breaks into a wide smile.
"Someone looks amazing" he grins looking me up and down as he puts his hand out for me to take.
"Not to bad yourself" I smile leaning up to kiss him sweetly.
As I pull away and look into his eyes I see a flash come from above us.
We both look up to see Mar with her camera
"What? I want to commemorate this moment.
Plus you both look so cute" she squeals taking a few more.
"Go on over by the fireplace" she depends motioning to where she wants us to stand.
We laugh but do as she says letting her take a ludicrous number of photos.
For the final ones I could hardly keep a straight face as James whispered in my ear, I couldn't help laughing and trying to hide by turning into his chest.
"Aw you two are adorable" Alice sighs as Mar shows her some of the pictures she took.
I go to see them as well but I'm stopped by her hand out in front of me.
"You can see them once iv got them printed. Now off you go" she says hurrying us to the door.

James picks up a basket just as we leave and before I know it we're walking down the corridors hand in hand.
It's our rounds tonight so we're doing those first but after that we are going to a have a meal in the great hall just the two of us.
Apparently it took a lot of convincing from James for us to be allowed but since I didn't really get to have a proper birthday and me and James are mostly liked by all the professors they bent the rules slightly for us.

We circle the school for the second time as we're coming to the end of our round, we should be seeing Remus and his partner any second now.
"Moony with Laura right?" James asks me.
"Yeah. Why?"
A smile spreads across his face and I already know he's not telling me something.
"What is it" I laugh pulling on his arm to get him to look at me.
"On nothing"
"James"
"Okay fine, you know at our New Years party?"
He's grinning like an idiot so it must be pretty exciting.
"Yes"
"Well padfoot told me that he saw Moony kissing Laura at midnight and apparently they disappeared off together after that"
"No way" I gasp probably also grinning like and idiot.
"Yep" he chimes happily.
"Aw I hope something happens with them.
Laura's a nice girl and it would be so good for Remus to have someone like her"
"Yeah I know" James agrees as we come into site of the pair walking side by side talking contently.

Laura is playfully twisting her hair in her fingers and as Remus looks on smiling.
"Look at them" I grin whispering to James as I pull him towards them.
"Afternoon" James says taking my hand and pulling me closer to him.
"Alright" Remus replies staring at us solicitously, we probably do look over excited to see him.
"You look lovely Lily" Laura smiles happily examining my dress.
"Oh thanks, we're doing something for my birthday since well..since we couldn't before" I say nervously, I'm still worried about what people think.
"Aw that's nice, and don't worry about what happened everyone knows what Belletrix is like and what she's capable off so I'm sure they all believe you" she smiles warmly.
"Thanks" I say sincerely.
"Right I guess we'll see you later then"
James starts to walk pulling me along with him.
"Yeah okay night"
"Night" I call back to them as we turn the corner.

"She does seem nice" James remarks as our hands swing in-between us in a hypnotising motion. "Yeah she really is"
"Sixth year right" he confirms.
"Yeah iv only spoke to her a few times"
I tell him.
"Well I suppose we might be seeing a lot more of her if she keeps spending time with Moony"
"Yeah I guess so"

We arrive at the doors and just as I'm about to go inside I'm stopped by James pulling on my arm.
"What?" I ask innocently.
He grins and steps behind me to placing his hands over my eyes.
"James what are you doing" I laugh attempting to pull them away but not really trying.
"I want it to be a surprise" he says pushing me forward.
"Alright then" i let him guide me forward and hear the familiar sound of the large wooden doors opening.

We take a few steps and I feel James take a death breath, the warmth tickling the back of my neck.
"Okay" he takes his hands away revealing the whole hall covered in low floating candles.
The dim lighting mixed with relaxing warmth makes for a very romantic setting.
In the middle of our normal table is a picnic blanket spread across from one side to the other. Covered with dozens of dishes, neatly prepared and a couple bottles of butter beer placed to the side.

"Aw James this is amazing" I beam turning around and throwing my arms around his neck, his wrapping around my waist and lifting me up so I can kiss him.

He lets go and I drop back into my feet.
I grin excitedly and skip over to sit down.
He sits across from me and pours us a drink each.
"You really do look incredible by the way" he smirks. I feel the blood rush to my cheeks and I look briefly to my intwined hands resting in my lap. "Thanks" I grin.
"I love that I still make you nervous some times" he winks placing the bottle down
"Yeah it's great" I smile sarcastically.

After we've eaten I move so I'm sat next to James rather than opposite him and rest my head on his shoulder.
"Thanks for a lovely second birthday" I laugh.
"My pleasure" he says kissing the top of my head.

I can't believe how close I was to losing James this last week, I don't know what I'd do without him. He's the perfect boyfriend and couldn't be more dotting. I certainly didn't think I'd even be thinking about marriage at this age and I know James said he'd like to wait until the wars over but I know if he asked me right now I'd say yes. I can't wait until that point in my life.

My eyes are starting to feel tired and I'm beginning to rest all of my weight on James.
"Come on we should be getting back"
James says as he picks me off the bench and stands my on my feet.
"Yeah okay"
He gathers up our things and puts it all in the picnic basket.
I'm about the turn and leave when I feel James hand on my wrist, I stop and spin around to look at him. His beautiful hazel eyes meet my own, almost taking my breath away.
"You okay?" I ask quickly with a smile.
He goes to say something but closes his mouth and steps forward to kiss my forehead.
"I just love you"
"I love you too" I say with a sample amount of humour, it never seances to amaze me how nervous he seems every time he says that, as it I'm not going to say it back.
Although he did look like he was going to say something else. I wonder what.

We make our way back to our dorm laughing and joking around with each other.
"Agh I'm exhausted" James groans collapsing on my bed.
"Yeah me too" I agree as I remove the last of my makeup and throw my hair in Into a ponytail.  I take the Jewellery Mar got me off and place in on my desk before walking over to the bed.
I curl into James, and sigh with contentment.
"Night love" He whispers.
"Night James"