Perfect

Thought putting up the wedding chapter may bring everyone a little joy and help us all forget that tonight is the anniversary of when James and Lily died and Harry became an orphan. :( P.s play the song while reading if you can xx

 Lily's pov

"You ready?" Remus whispers to me, leaning down slightly. I take a deep breath and nod "yeah, yeah i am". With that, we walk around the corner into what is normally the dining room. The only light aside from the moon shining in is a myriad of stunning floating candles and small twinkling fairly lights scattered throughout the room. There are flowers and greenery everywhere and inside are all of our guests, only around 25 people but enough and no more than i would want with the exception of maybe my sister. There are all my friends, James's parents a few members from the order as well as the other important people in my life. 

I tighten my grip on Remus's arm as we reach the start of a white aisle, beautifully decorated with flower petals and everyone stands up and turns to look at us as the music starts. My eyes almost automatical land on James as he too turns around, dressed in an elegant black suit that fits him perfectly. I practically stop breathing at the sight of him and my heart rate must have doubled because suddenly i want nothing more than to race down towards him, the walk seeming painstakingly long. His gaze stays locked on me the whole time, everyone else in the room seems to slip away and the next thing i know i'm stood beside him, Remus handing me over and stepping back to i can join James at the altar, under and Arch of flowers and ivy. 

"We are joined here today, rather abruptly" the victor chuckles causing everyone else to do the same. "To see the union between James Potter and Lily Evans, a couple while young is known by everyone here to be ready to take this next step in their lives together. Now i believe the vows have been written yourselves, James if you'd like to start" Its true that James and I wanted to write our own vows and while not exactly having time to plan them properly we decided to just go with what came to us at the time. James smiles and nods, taking a small breath and encasing my hands in his slightly shaking ones. His eyes meet mine and he licks his bottom lip before starting. "Lily, it feels like I've been waiting for this day for years, i've known for a long time that this is where we belonged, that we were going to end up together and i can't think of anything i want more. We have already been through more than most couples our age could imagine, we've seen wars, heartbreak, and even death, we've overcome every obstacle that has faced us and i know that there is no one else i'd rather go through this crazy mixed up life with. That's why i vow to love you for the rest of my life and longer, i promise to love you completely and unconditionally. I will respect and honor you in every way i can, i promise to protect you from harm but also let you fight your own battles. i can't wait for the future we're going to have together and i know that no matter how hard things get i will always have you, i trust you to guide me through the darkness and be the light i need to pull me through difficult times. I love you lily and i am more than honoured that you want to be my wife" 

His words bring tears to my eyes and many others in the room and i have to take a second to compose myself. "James" i begin. "it been a long road to get where we are now" there's a few muddled noises of laughter and James himself, singers, a little as does Sirius who is stood just beside him. "but now that im here i see that we needed that time because getting to know you for all those years, letting you show me how much of a strong, loyal and kind young man you are...it helped me to find my best friend. You have given me so much, been there for me through the most difficult times of my life and stood by me in times when i wouldn't have judged you for running a mile. I know that we are only young but i thank god every day that we are, some people search their whole lives for what we have, some may say that its to soon for us to know. but all i see is that i get to spend even more time with you, the love of my life, my best friend and my soulmate" i feel a stray tear run down my cheek and James brushes it off with his index finger, hand lingering to touch my face for a second as i continue. "You understand me in a way few people ever have and ever will, and while i can't promise to fix all of your problems i promise that you will never be alone. I love you too James and i know that this is just the beginning for us, eventually we will have the future we have always talked about" 

The minister calls for the ring bearer and Peter steps forward, giving us out rings and allowing us each to put the others on. "Lily J Evans do you take James Potter to be your lawfully wedded husband". "I do". "James Potter do you take Lily J Evans to be your lawfully wedded wife" "hell yeah i do" James grins, making everyone laugh. "well then if there is no one here who had a reason for why these two should not be married here today....then i now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride". James doesn't waste a second and as soon as the last syllable leaves the Vickers lips he has reached forward and pulled me towards him, our lips crushing against each other in as far to an appropriate kiss in front of our friends and family as we can manage. No longer just a sweet young couple with the potential to go the distance but now a married man and woman, ready to approach the rest of their lives, completely and utterly committed to one another.