The furture: part 1

This is my 100th chapter!
Anyone been reading since the start? If so tell me In the comments. Also what's been your favorite chapter so far?

James's pov
I can't do it. I just can't do it. I don't think iv ever been so scared of anything in my life. Me, James Potter totally and completely terrified.

Lily is still sleeping peacefully next to me, her vibrant red hair a harsh contrast compared to the crisp white pillow she's laying on.
As I run my hands through her curls, letting the ends dance between my finger tips I start to think back to yesterday morning and how set on my decision I was. I wasn't going to let anything get in my way. But as the day went on and there were more and more interruptions I couldn't help but feel it just wasn't right, when I ask her I want it to be completely the right time. I said if I were going to propose I had to find the perfect moment this year or wait until we've left school and spent some more time together. Originally I thought I wanted that time to be after the war was completely over but now with Dumbledore creating the order and it all becoming more and more real, iv realized that night not be as soon as I'd hoped and I could be waiting years for the right time.
I guess I'll just have to see how it plans out, a certain moment or significant date, perhaps the anniversary of when she told me she loved me, the single best night of my life.

Lily's pov
I feel James's warm touch trailing through my hair and stroking my cheek. "Morning" I mumble with a yawn. "Morning" he replies kissing me gently. I force myself to sit up with a groan and throw my legs over the side of the bed to get out.

After having a quick shower I dry my hair and get dressed before leaving with James for breakfast. We walk in a comfortable silence to the great hall but I know it will have to end at some point. "James" I say pulling his full attention to me. "Yeah" he replies stopping us by the wall in the corridor.
"About yesterday....what was it you wanted to ask me?" He goes slightly pale before breaking into a smile and stroking my cheek with his index finger. "I...I wanted to ask you to move in with me when we leave Hogwarts. Officially..,if...if that's what you want"
I can hardly control the rush of emotion that washes over me as I leap into his arms and kiss him lovingly "yes! Yes of course I will" I smile in between kisses. He grins and pulls me into him, closing all possible gap between us.

Although we've talked about it before I was beginning to get slightly nervous....what if he didn't want that anymore. And with Sirius and Marlene's break up I wasn't sure what was going on, I guess we'll just have to deal with that at the time, for now I couldn't be happier.

Suddenly I realise just now much I'm showing this happiness in the middle of the corridor and pull away from James rather hastily, his smile drops for a second but his signature smirk soon becomes visible as I attempt to fix my hair and straighten out my robes.
"Don't laugh" I scold jokingly.
"God I love you" he grins pulling me into his side and kissing me temple.

"Are your mum and dad definitely okay with it" I ask as we begin to start walking again.
"Are you kidding they love you" he laughs as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.
"I can't wait" I smile as we get to the greet hall, the familiar sounds of the morning rush surrounding us. He sighs contently before leaning down and brushing my lips gently with his. "Neither can I" he whispers.

Short I know but i promise they're going to get longer soon!