Full moon again

Lily's pov
"So 6 months" James smiles looking down at me as we walk through the busy corridor to defence against the dark arts. "What about it?" I ask absentmindedly twisting the cloth of my cloak sleeve in my hands. "Well...it only took you 6 years to realise how perfect we are for each other and now look at us, 6 months down the line, I'd say my nagging payed off"
"Certainly did........does it..bother you?" I ask pausing slightly to look up at him suddenly worrying that it might be, I mean having your girlfriend turn you down multiple times before can't be a nice memory.
"What? That you didn't like me before?. No not really, you do now and that's all that matters it wasn't the right time before, I get that"
"and you do not that don't you, that I really do love you" I say seriously stopping him for a second. "Of course I do" he says putting my nerves to ease. "Good because it's true"

We walk in a comfortable silence to first period and arrive just as Remus and Peter walk in. "Moony, wormtail" James nods to them gleefully "James" Remus laughs mimicking the action as Peter smiles in response.
We gather in our usual seats with the boys behind us and me and mar in front, at the sight of a rather lonely looking James mar frowns and starts to look around the room, edging out of her seat to see further. "Where's Sirius, he wasn't at breakfast either?"
"Don't worry he'll be here soon" I tell her opening my book and starting to read the first few lines. "You seen Padfoot today?" James asks leaning back on his chair and resting his arm on our desk. "He'll be here in a minute" I half laugh at their worrying over a matter so small. "You know Sirius he's probably just" but before I can even finished my sentence Sirius struts over to his seat and throws himself down in it leaning back immediately and displaying his usual carefree but mischievous nature with a flick of his dark silky hair. Free of makeup, hair gel or extra accessories, we all stare at him for a little "Ohw" mar groans quietly with a sigh, clearly upset that he'd ditched the detached tortured soul look. I chuckle and lean forward "Uh Sirius" I ask tapping his shoulder.
"Yes Lily-flower"
"What happened?"
"Aria asked me to meet her in the broom closet near the common room last night" he smirks.
"Ah" with all the conformation I need of why he's back to normal and looking so damn pleased with himself I sit back and shrug at the sulking girl beside me. "You knew he'd stop all that eventually" I whisper gesturing my head to him discreetly. "Yeah I know..." she sighs.
"He just looked so damn hot"

The boys have been talking about this big prank that they've had planned for weeks now but they refuse to tell anyone what it actually is, all they'll say is how amazing it's going to be and I have no doubts that they'll disappoint. After all, they are the marauders.
With the end of the war getting close it's become a common habit for them to have secret conversations in hushed tones that stop when anyone else gets close enough and today is no different, I know that if I really asked James what they were planning he'd tell me in a heart beat but I can see he's having fun and it'll only annoy Sirius if he spoils it for me.
"Agh my god are you still going on about this stupid bloody prank" Mar scolds sitting opposite me in the great hall."EXCUSE ME. It is not stupid" Sirius scoffs clearly very offended and soon causing them to start bickering amongst themselves while the rest of us ignore them. "Full moon tonight" James says under his breath. "Yeah I know" I reply trying to hide my concern, they've been doing this for years now so I know it's stupid for me to get so worked up about it and they have no choice, it's for Remus who I love But a small part of me can't help but wish James didn't have to do it.
"I'll be fine" he grins leaning down and kissing my forehead.
"You better be" I laugh. "I need a date to Frank and Alice's wedding and Sirius just isn't my type" I comment scrunching my nose up and catching Sirius attention. "Offensive" he glares  before continuing to argue with Mar.
James laughs and sighs contently "well that would be a tragedy wouldn't it so I can promise you Miss Evans that I will be back if only to take you to this particular event"
"Good" i grin up at him.

Remus was quiet and shifty at dinner, very different from his seemingly normal happy behaviour earlier. But that's what the change does, it turns him into a completely different person some times and others he has such drastic mood changes, but I have faith that at some point this will get better and there will be something that can help him in the future. There just has so be.