Bets

Lily's pov
"SIRIUS BLACK WHERE IS MY EYE LINER" I yell storming out of my bedroom and down the stairs into mine and James's common room. "Ran out" he says not even turning to look at me as he shovels a hand full of sweets into his mouth. "AGH" I grumble in annoyance  taking a deep breath and turning to march back up stairs mumbling under my breath about how he's going to be sorry if he dare touches any of my stuff ever again. Git.

It's been around 3 days since his sudden change in appearance and he's even acting differently, a tortured soul you might say.
I've got to give it to him, the boy knows how to be dramatic. Ever since that first breakfast where he came down looking like something straight out of a gothic fantasy he's been going on about the meaning of life and has had this distant mellow attitude about him. It's annoying as hell and yet he's still got nearly all the girls swooning after him. Even Marlene seems intoxicated with the new look, who'd of guessed she'd be into that. Certainly not me.

While I won't lie and say that he can't pull it of because for some mad reason he totally can, I will say that I think he'll be back to his usual self pretty soon.
It became apparent that it was all to get the attention of a huffelpuff girl in our year called Aria, who apparently didny like his look before and sirius wouldn't take no for an answer. this was their compromise.  Not long after he came down and we've all put down bets at how long he will last before he gives up and moves on to someone new.

James-2 weeks
Remus-3 more days
Peter-a week
Frank and Alice- a month
Marlene- hopes it lasts forever
And I said by the end of this week.
Although at this rate he may just be living out Marlene's wish as he seems to be sticking to it very well. So well in fact that he's taken it upon himself to rout through everything I own that he could possible use, that I will be putting a stop to very very soon. 

"what are you laughing about?" i ask james glancing sidewards at him as i enter my bedroom. "nothing" he smirks getting up from my bed and casually traipsing over to me as i finish doing up the rest of my buttons. "he's certainly gone all out hasn't he" i half laugh with a sigh. james chuckles and nodds "you could say that yeah, i still don't think it'll last anyway" he remarks shaking his head slightly. "me neither"