Panic

lilys pov 

After a rather strange and confusing afternnon as well as an exam i was about ready to lie down and relax for as long at i could before dinner. Of course in my life nothing is simple and the next crisis just had to come up, this one in the form of an irriplaceable gift. 

I came up to my room to get a jumper and just stopped to look in the mirror quickly when i noticed that i didnt have on the neckless james got me for christmas, the small golden stag that i hardly ever take off. Taking a deep breath i try to stay calm as i walk into the bathroom, knowing that i must of smilpy forgoten to put it back on after my bath earlier. but after seeing that is was quite clearly not there pure terror and panic sets in as i frantically spped into my room and start looking. Emptying all of my draws, desk, wardrobe and striping my bed. Nothing. I run my hands through my hair desperately as my breathing becomes fast and irratic. I can't of lost it, i just can't. Desperate, i call to James that im going for a walk and run as fast as i can back to where i was sat before, looking down at Hagrids hut. I get there in less than 10 minutes and immedately start searching, not even stopping to breath. "Lumos" i say clearly, the end of my wand lighting up and illuminating the area around me. i search every inch of groud but don't  find it so i decide to ask Hagrid on the off chance that he found it and picked it up. Speeding down the hill and path to his hut i nearly fall several times in the darkness but eventually get there. i bang on the door and it opens in less than 10 seconds. "lily?" i clearly confused Hagrid asks, staring down at me. "Hagrid" i gasp breathing heavily. "i've lost that neckless James got me, the stag one, you haven't see it have you?" i ask very quickly. Hagrid frowns and starts shaking his head "No i haven't, sorry lily i" "okay thanks" i call, racing away back up the hill. if it wasnt in my room or down here then it has to be somewhere else in the drom. I sneek back in trying to be quiet so i don't have to tell james quite yet.

Once i've practically turned our whole drom upsdie down i have no other otion other than to search James's room. I knock on the door and wait for James to answer. "come in" he calls. i twist the handle and push the door ope no reveal James sat up against his headboard with a text book open and resting on his knees while he holds a one of my muggle pens in the other, letting the tip rest in his mouth as he chew on it. "hey, how was your walk" he smiles placing the book down and beconing me over. i smile back and try to scan the room as i walk to him and sit down on the bed. I just can't see it anywhere. "hey, yeah it was alright thanks" i reply absentmidedly trying to look for my neckless on every surface visable. "what you doing now?" he asks closing his book and placing that and the pen over on his bedside cabinate. "uh nothing nothing i just ummm.......would you mind going and getting my blue jumper form Mar, she borrowed it today and i completely forgot to ask for it back, i'd go myself but i wanted to have a shower before dinner?" "sure no problem" he says kissing me on the cheek and standing up. "im guessing she'll be in the gryfindore common room right?' i nodd "yeah probably" james pulls on a jumper and kisses me on the cheek "see you in a bit" "bye" i breath as he leaves, closing the door behind him. 

I wait a couple seconds until i hear the portrait Whole shut before jumping up off the bed and searching his room properly, starting with his bedside cabinate draws. Pulling out everything from clothes to magasignes and old shool work and subsequently it's not long before im surrounded by a complete and utter mess, the whole contence of James's room coating his floor. Collapsing down onto his bed and covering my eyes, with no clue what to do im just about to pull out my wand when...."lily" his voice catches me of guard and i immediatly gasp jumping up and spining around to see James stood at the door holding my jumper in his left hand, his eyebrows furowed at the lack of understanding at what on earth i must be doing. "james" "should i be worried?" he laughs coming over and dropping my jumper down on the bed. "if you're looking for somthing in particular you could of just asked" at his kind and playful tone the memory of him giving me the neckless comes floowding back and suddenly i can't hold it together anymore. my bottom lip starts to quiver and my eyes well up. "lil" james asks, a concerned tone in his voice as he rushes forward and takes me in his arms. 'whats wrong?" "i lost my neckless" i tell him. "i noticed earlier that i didnt have it on, so i went to the bathroom becuase thats where it normaly is if i don't have it on, i searched my whole room and when it wasn't there i ran down to Hagrids becuase i was there earlier, i looked all over the grounds, i asked Hagrid but he hadn't seen it. then i came back here and went through everything downstairs, i got you to leave to i could check your room, i've looked everyhwhere but i just can't find it. and now im going to cry becasue that was such a lovely thing you got for me and i just lost it" i sigh looking down at the ground. "oh lil" james says putting his index finger undrneath my chin and lifting it up to my eyes meet his. "you don't have to worry im sure it'll turn up, and hey if is doens't it doesn't okay, you don't have to feel bad" "but i do" i interupt protesting, how can he always be so understadning. "come here" he pulls me down to he's sitting on the bed and im on his knee facing his chest. "i just can't believe i lost it" i mumble hardly even wanting to look at him. He smiles and rubbs my back lovingly "im telling you, you do not have to feel bad. somethings just happen and it's not like you meant to lose it. And you will get it back eventually, im sure of it hings have a funny way of working out, so theres no need to panic"