Moving on

James's pov
"So you don't love mar now?" I ask Sirius as we walk to dinner. He sighs heavily as he wanders around beside me, quite clearly not paying much attention. I have absolutely know idea what's gone of with them as they both refuse to talk about it and are completely denying their feelings for each other.
"Maybe I didn't love her to begin with" he says looking off into the distance.
"Wowh mate where did that come from?" He shrugs his shoulders as I stare at him.
"Maybe I didn't" he repeats.
"How can you say that? Of corse you did. What's changed?" He groans and stops walking, turning around to face me.
"I don't know, okay" he sighs throwing his arms up in the air. "I'm Sirius Black I don't fall in love alright. That's just not me" he states getting slightly agitated now.
"But you did. You told her you did. Hell you told us all you loved her" I say frowning in confusion. "Well that didn't particularly work out and now she wants to move on so I might as well do the same"
I'm taken back by what he says, I thought they were waiting to see how they did as friends. When did it change?.
"Really?"
"Yeah" he replies, showing the most emotion on the subject in weeks.

I do feel sorry for him but i can see the difference in how he's been since they were together. And in some ways I have wondered if Sirius or even Mar is ready for a real relationship. I put my arm around his shoulders in an attempt to cheer him up.
"Well although I can't or want to join in on all the fun with you. I guess it might be fun to have the old padfoot back" I smile.
He brightens up a bit and grins up at me.
"Thanks mate"  we laugh and I push him forward into the hall.

I see lily straight away, her glistening emerald eyes immediately locking on mine, I can't help the smile that spreads across my face as I walk over to her. "Hey" she greets as I sit down next to her and kiss her quickly. "Alright" I reply. I start to put some food on my plate as I feel her tug on my sleeve, gesturing with her head towards Sirius when I look at her.
I smile weakly and shake my head, causing her to sigh and return her concentration to her food.

I know I'll most likely have Sirius trying to get me to hang around with his latest conquest and her friend soon but iv got to say I couldn't be more glad I have Lily now. Although people might think I was a bit of a player and in some ways a bit of flirting is always fun, I way prefer what I have now and I wouldn't change it for anything.