Home

Lilys pov

We all ended up coming home from the hospital the next day, Marlene fully recovered, Sirius with a small scar left on his leg whichhe proudly showed off and Mrs Potter with a confermed case of incureable Dragon pox. "Mum would you please just go and sit down" i here James plead as i walk into the kitchen to see him attempting at leading his mother back away from the kettel. "James i can do some things for mysefl" she scolds him, pulling away from his grasp. I watch quietly from the door way, not wanting to interupt as James's dad comes in and goes to help. "Come on MIa just go and" "I'M NOT ON MY DEATH BED YET I CAN DAMN WELL BOIL SOME WATER" she yells throwing her hands up in the air and storming out, leaving them both speechless. James does to run after her but is stopped by Mr. Potters had on her shoulder. He watches his wife slam the front door behind her and flinches slightly at the sound of it, his eyes shifting for me. Something in his gaze looked pleading and although he didn't say anything i know that he wants me to go and talk to her. 

Without another word i went straight outside where i find Mrs Potter sat on the bench at the side of the house. Her eyes are closed and shes sat up straight beathing deeply as the breeze makes the few loose strands of her hair fly back across her face, at the sound of my footsteps she opens her eyes to look at me and smile. "hi" i smile back. "Do you mind" i ask motioning to the bench. "No no not at all please sit down" i do as she says and we sit in silence for a few seconds. "I suppose you think i was too harsh on James....i know he's only trying to help" she says, her tone much sader and showing her inner conflict than before. It's clear to see that she wants to make her family feel better, wants them to be comfoted in the fact that she is doing everything she can to hold on....but who wants to sit in bed when they know their time is limited. "No actually.." she looks at me shocked but doesnt say anything. "i know that James wants to help you, so does his had and sirius and although i'd never say it too him.....i think he needs to step back and let you chose how to live your life....i know that if it was me i wouldn't want to be cooped up in bed all day" she smiles and sighs "What would you want to do?" she asks kindedly. "I'd want to live"