Christmas eve part 2 Where are we

Lily's pov
"where are we" I ask turning around to see a peaceful snow covered meadow. I feel James's warm hands rubbing my arms as he pulls me in to his chest. This is mine and Sev's meadow, the one where I first met him, where he told me I was a witch, where we became best friends, and it's only a five minute walk from my house. A few tears begin to roll down my cheeks I'm not ready to go back there. "James what are we doing here" my voice is shaky and I can hardly get my words out. He turns me around in his arms to face him, his face is frowned in pain and sorrow. "Well..you..you got a letter" I'm confused by his words I don't remember getting a letter the only person I even have as family is petunia and she never writes to me, In fact I haven't even spoken to her since I got the letter from her the day after mum and dad died telling me not to ever again. "What letter?" A small amount of anger slips into my voice, I never got a letter. He doesn't answer, instead he takes a large white already opened envelope out of his back pocket and hands it to me. "It came yesterday, you were so happy I didn't want to upset you again. So I opened it. It just says that petunia being the eldest got the house and aside from what your mum and dad left you specifically everything in it. There's also a note on the back from her saying that she's taken what she wants so you can do what you want with the rest" I'm staring down at the letter in my hands, the last time I got a letter it completely changed my life, turned it upside down. I open the letter and take out a piece of paper and a small note in petunias hand writing. I understand why James didn't want to show me and honestly he's been so amazing at taking care of me and being generally perfect though this whole thing I can't be angry with him.
"I'm sorry I didn't give it to you before lil but I"  "James it's fine" I say not talking my eyes of the words painted across the page I now have in my hands. I read it carefully and it says near enough exactly what James told me.

Petunias note is so vague. She doesn't ask how I am or how Iv been copping.

         Lily,
Iv taken the things from the house that I wanted, you may have what you like now. I don't want a phone call or a letter from you, I just want to forget this whole thing and start a new normal life without you or magic. I don't need a freak of a sister ruining my life anymore.
Petunia.

She doesn't even tell me how the funeral went. Oh god the funeral they'll be buried in the church graveyard not far from here. Can I really go and see them, I wasn't even allowed to go to the funeral and say goodbye.

I feel more warm, salty tears begin to stream down my face, how can she not even care. James steps forward and pulls me into a tight hug. He sighs and kisses my head. "I hate seeing you like this and not being able to make it go away" he says sadly as he strokes my hair lovingly.
"You really do help though I don't know what I'd do without you" I look up into his eyes. We stay like this for a few seconds before I run my hands up around his neck and pull him down to kiss me. His arms tighten around my waste and one glides up into my hair.

We pull apart and I rest my head on his chest. "I love you Lily" He says softly. "I love you to James"

"You ready" he asks taking my hand and looking into the direction of my house. I breath deeply and squeeze his hand. "Ready"

As we walk through the icy streets, dozens of memories come flooding back to me. James pulls me in closer to him and wraps his arm around my shoulders as he glances around. I feel his gaze stop on me and me give me a weak smile. "What are you thinking about" he asks.
"Just all of the memories Iv had here, Dad teaching me to ride a bike, the walks we all took together, all the times me and mum would sit out here in the winter with hot drinks and talk" I sigh and lean into James's side. "They were really great you know I wish you could have met them" I say as I stroke his forearm.
"I have met them" I stop and look up at him. "What do you mean" I ask confused. He stops as well and looks down at me. "I guess I have to tell you now don't i"