A New Chapter

James's pov

I wake to the sound of Lily packing and after sitting up with a loud yawn her attention is soon drawn to me. "morning" she says coming over and kissing me on the cheek "morning" I reply, running a hand through my hair and placing my glasses back on, immediately smiling as my eyes focus and I see the ring on her finger, the fact that I'm now engaged to Lily Evans still unbelievably incredible to me.  "What are you looking at?" She smiles placing some picture frames in her trunk and eyeing me suspiciously. "you" i smirk honestly, no point in lying now. "yeah well stop looking at me and get your stuff together, we only have a couple hours" she says throwing a pillow at me. i laugh and catch it before standing up, "Jeez bossing me around already and we're not even married" 

Lily's pov

 I take one last look at my room before closing the door and walking slowly down the stairs, seeing that James has already put his trunk down there yet he himself is nowhere to be seen. I place mine down next to James's and perch on top of it, just watching the still and empty looking room whilst i absentmindedly run the chain on my neckless through my fingers, just as James appears and descends the stairs quickly, stopping just in front of me. "come on" he whispers motioning to the Portrait hole. 

Outside is the rest of the marauders who we greet and start walking within a peaceful silence. "hey, how about one last lap around the old place" Sirius suggests. "why not" James agrees, taking my arm with a wide smile. We walk along all the corridors, pass our old classrooms, through the familiar halls and over the uneven ground of the courtyard until finally, we stop at the great hall where we planned to meet with Marlene, Frank, and Alice and take our seats as the teachers give a small speech before we leave. finally, Dumbledore stands up, he doesn't speak for long but the end on what he says stays with me for the whole walk to the carriages. 'There are desperate times ahead and the road to peace will not be easy but if we only remember to look for the good in those around us and remember what it is we are fighting for. then the light will prevail and evil will be defeated'"wise man" Remus breaths as We all pile in and watch as we ride off away from the castle, the nostalgia practically overwhelming as it grows ever smaller in the distance. "sure is" i agree as I feel James squeeze my left hand and i glance at him briefly, "We'll be back, don't you worry" he says confidently. "how do you know?" i ask, a little confused at the statement. "i just do", i chuckle a little and rest my head on his shoulder. "whatever you say MR.Potter" 

"!st YEARS THIS WAY" Hagrid's voice rings out over the murmuring of scrambling students finding their way onto the train. We group together and wait to be able to board the train just as he walks over to us. "Thankyou hagrid," James says to him, "for everything" "it's my pleasure" the friendly man nods respectfully. watching them say goodbye and when it's my turn just about sets me off but i manage to hold it together and we find our compartment quickly. "well" James sighs as we watch the train pull out of the station. "Who's ready for the next chapter then?"