Hiking

Lily's pov
I begrudgingly open my eyes to see the dark foggy sky outside. I can feel James's heavy arm across my lower back and as I roll over to face him he begins to stir.
"James" I whisper.
"Mm" he grunts back.
"Are you awake"
"No" he murmurs.
"James" I laugh pushing his shoulder.
His lips twist upwards into a smirk as his beautiful hazel eyes meet my own, "morning lil" he smiles. "Morning" I grin leaning over to kiss him lovingly, I pull away and force myself to sit up, rubbing my eyes and yawning as I do.
"Why time is it?" James asks.
I glance over at the clock on my nightstand "10:30" I reply as I through my legs over the side of the bed and stand up. Wondering over the the balcony I grab by dressing gown of the hook on the wall and open the doors, stepping out into the cold December air.
I shiver slightly as my feet meet the hard wooden floor and I pull my sleeves down so they cover my hands.
"Cold" James presumes as he appears behind me and wraps his arms tightly around my waist, immediately warming me up.
"So what are we doing today" he asks excitedly.
"We could do hiking and take a picnic" I suggest lifting my arm up so that I can gently stroke his cheek. "Yeah that sounds great" he beams as I lead him back into the house.
"Come on then let's get dressed"

"Here" I say handing James a plate of toast as I pack the last things into the rucksack for us to take with us. "Thanks" he replies happily.
We both took a shower and got dressed before coming down stares so it's just gone 1:00pm now and we're hoping to leave for 1:30. I zip up the bag and put it down by the front door, I put an extension charm on it so we could fit everything we'd need in there. I take a seat next to James and begin on my own breakfast of cornflakes and orange juice.
"Hey why don't we camp out tonight as well, oh and let's go fishing, and sledging and build a fire a proper one, Oh oh and find a bare"
"Excited are we" I laugh as James rambles on about all of the things he wants to do today while he eats his toast, and makes quite mess.
"Okay we'll camp out tonight, we can build a fire then, we'll go sledging tomorrow and hunny I'm afraid you can't fish when the waters frozen and I highly doubt we'll be seeing any bares"
"Owhhhh" he groans.
"At least we can do everything else"
"Yes we can" I smile as I run my hand through his messy hair and stand up to put my bowl away.

"Right I'm ready" I announce putting the milk back in the fridge and walking over to meet James by the door, he picks up the bag and places it over his shoulder with ease.
"Come on then" he takes my hand and opens the door, I grab the keys and lock the cabin safely.

We step out into the cold crisp air and I can already feel the ice under my feet, although it's cold there's still a fair amount of sun.

We start walking towards the hills and soon the cabin becomes just a small shadow in the distance. "Hey look" James says running over to the large lake that cuts through the earth all around this area.
He drops the bag from his shoulders and taps the ice with his foot. I smile at how excited he looks by something so small and walk over to him. "It's completely frozen over" he grins briefly looking over to me. "Good observation" I laugh sarcastically. He raises his eyebrows and holds out a hand towards we.
"Uh no" he begins to slowly walk closer to me still grinning like an idiot.
"James I said no, you know how clumsy I am"
He ignores my protest and takes my hand leading me closer to the lake. "Jamesss" I wine but still smiling. "I'll fall"
"I'll catch you" he says seductively as he pulls me into him. "You're such an idiot" I laugh pushing on his chest with as much strength as I can, he doesn't even wobble.
He steps backwards onto the ice and drags me on with him. "Jamesss no I can't" I laugh again as I cling onto him tightly.
"Come on" he beams letting go of one of my hands and running forward to that I'm gliding along the surface behind him. "Ahhh" I scream as I slip and slide all over the place. "James stop" I laugh gasping for air as he glides confidently, occasionally pushing of into a different direction.