No. 4 Privet Drive

Lily's pov
I take a final look back at my house, I can't believe this is the last time I'll be seeing it. "Are you sure you don't want to ask petunia if you can keep it" I hear James ask as he wraps his arm around me. I look up and force a smile. "No, they left it to her, so it's her decision and I don't think I could knowing this is where it happened" I take a deep breath as he leans in an kisses my temple, holding his lips to my face for a few seconds. "Okay honey what ever you want".

We walk back to the meadow just as it goes 4:00pm. We've packed up everything in my house and organised it, the things I cannot take with me will be sold and the rest donated, and James already sent all of the things I want to take back with me to his house.
We're going to go to petunias now so that I can give her the box mum and dad left her as well as the pictures she left, I'm hoping she'll at least be some sort of happy to see me.
James takes my hand and squeezes it.
"Ready?"
"Ready"

We appear on a small patch of grass, surrounded by a dozen houses all most all of them exactly the same. Then again that is how petunia likes things, to be the same, to be 'normal' as she puts it.
4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.
There's no character, no individuality, no anything, they all look the same.
"Pretty dull Huh" James mumbles leaning down close to me. "Yeah it is" I reply not taking my gaze of the house in front of me.

Though the window I can see the shadowy outline of a woman who appears to be cleaning.
No doubt that's all petunia does these days, wait hand and foot on that great oaf of a husband that she has.
"Is that it then" James asks as he snakes his arm around my waist. "I think so" I say, looking up at him and smiling weakly.
"Are you sure you want to do this" honestly the answer to his question is no.
No I don't want to do this.
I don't want to have to pluck up the courage to go and see my sister who hates me and blames me fore our parents death, but mum and dad wanted us to have these boxes that they put together for us and I'm going to make sure she gets it.
"Come on let's go" I lead him towards the house in front of us, my heart rate increasing as we get closer.
But we come to the door all to quickly and as I stare at the dark wood all I can think of is the look on petunias face when she sees me. Suddenly I completely regret coming here, I can't just knock on the door and expect her to talk to me. "I can't" I say under my breath as I shake my head. James looks down at me, a frown causing a few lines on his forehead and his eyes to become narrow and sad.
I feel his warm hand Ceres my own and his frown softens into a sympathetic smile.
"I know this is going to be hard lil, but you've got to okay. Trust me I don't want you anywhere near her after what she did to you but, They would have wanted you to at least try and speak again, and she's got to know that they left her this" he looks down at the box with my sisters name beautifully written across it and then back to me.

His words make me realise that I really do have to do this, there's no turning back now.
I smile and nod, as I turn to face the door take a deep breath and...knock.

We hear shuffling and a woman's voice telling us she'll only be a moment. Iv always hated the way petunia acts in front of people she doesn't know.  "Is that really how she speaks" James whispers which a small laugh. "No she's just being"
"LILY" a high pitched angry voice interrupts.
"Hi petunia" I force a smile and wait for her to say something.
"What are you doing here, I told you I never wanted to see you again. Don't you think you've messed up my life enough. You little freak"
The nick name for me that she uses brings back all of the memory's of how horrible she was to me, how much I miss about not having a proper sister growing up.  I feel my eyes start to water but I'm determined not to cry.

"Well" she crosses her arms and scowls at me.
"Look this is ridiculous you're my sister we shouldn't not be talking just because you don't like something I can do"
James's grip tightens on my waist as I try to step towards her.
"You aren't my sister anymore, you lost that the day you went to that little freaks school, and you lost any chance of us ever making up when you became the reason that mum and dad are dead" her voice shows only anger at the end and she moves so she's only standing centimeters away from me.
"Petunia it's not my fault that they're"
"YES IT IS, IT WAS YOU YOU KILLED THEM ITS ALL YOUR FLAULT"
"Petunia please" my voice cracks and I can hardly hold back my tears.
"NO" she screams, stepping forward and pushing me backwards causing the box in my arms to drop to the floor.
"HEY, DON'T  YOU DARE TOUCH HER" James's fierce tone, makes petunia stop from advancing towards me. Her head spinning round in shock to look at him. I don't think she even realized he was here.

Within seconds I'm back on my feet with James's arms around me. "Are you okay" he asks as he lovingly strokes my cheek with his index finger. His intriguing hazel eyes meeting my own. "Yeah I'm fine" I smile as I take his hand in mine and drop them to my waist.
"And who are you?, another little freak I suppose" Petunia asks, with a disgusted tone.
He turns his head abruptly to look at her.
"Yes I am actually and proud of it. Lily is amazing and she shouldn't have to put up with pathetic boring little people like you telling her that her gift she has is wrong.
And if you'd have even taken half the time to listen to your parents instead of sulking off with your boyfriend you'd have know that they wouldn't blame her at all and that they knew this could have happened to anyone. I know it's horrible and your angry right now but believe it or not I actually knew them well and the last thing they'd want is you too still not talking. So ether you learn to grow up and actually make an effort to know your own sister who you've hardly spoke to in the last 6 years or we leave now and when on the occasion we do visit or my dear Lily begging although amazing, to kind for her own good actually wants to write or check in on you, you're polite and never lay a finger on her again, or I swear I'll be braking a few laws pretty soon after" 
We both stare in shock at him. While petunia is looking slightly upset but more angry I think Iv just fallen even more in love with this incredible boy. Although screaming at my sister wasn't exactly the way I wanted him to be introduced to her, he's Just got across everything I wanted to say and saved me from the hours of being shouted at, name calling and blaming.

"Fine, but only because I might want help sorting out the rest of the stuff from the house" she turns away and takes a deep breath before looking back at us.
"I'm sorry for pushing you, it won't happen again" she forces a sarcastic smile at James and picks up her box that's been lying in the snow. "I take it this is for me" she asks brushing the bits of stray ice from the lid.
"Yeah James found it in their room"
She nods and turns to walk away.
Before she reaches the door she pauses for a moment and turns to look at me.
"They always did love you more than me, perfect little Lily" she stares in disgust at me for a few seconds before turning and walking back into the house, I have to grip James's arm tightly to stop him from going after her.

"I really don't like that girl" he spits angrily as he glares at the front door, of petunias home.
"You don't say" I laugh trying to lighten the mood. His angry expression softens as he looks at me and melts into a smile. His hand runs through my hair and down to my cheek where it stays for a moment. "How can you be related to her" he asks quietly. "I guess we'll never know" I smile as I lean up and kiss him.

His arms wrap tightly around my waist and lift me into the air. One hand travels up into my head while the other stays around my back to hold me up.
I run my fingers through his messy hair and sigh happily, I don't think I could be anymore in love with this boy.

He sets me back down on my feet and kisses me lightly on the forehead.
"Come on, let's go" he says in a loving tone as he intwines his fingers with my own.
"Okay" I whisper, with a grin.
We walk of into the distance and before we reach the main road we apperate back to the Potter manner. God and I'm glad to be back here.