James, sirius and Mr and Mrs Evans (Part 3)

James's pov
"Hi Mr Evans I'm James Potter I think we've met before" merlin please let him remember me.
A warm smile spreads across his face and he puts his hand out for me to shake. "Oh of cause James and please call me David"
"Okay sir if you wish" he laughs lightly and then makes eye contact with Sirius. "And....Sirius right" he waits for a confirmation. "That's me" Sirius says gleefully before shaking his hand as well. I know the whole meeting the parents thing isn't exactly what he's into especially when it doesn't even benefit him, plus were only 14 this isn't something we do everyday.

"So how can we help you boys" he asks taking a seat back in his arm chair. Before we can answer Mrs Evans has come into the room carrying a tray with muggle tea and cakes on it. "They came to see Lily" she says happily.
"Ah I see" mr Evans laughs taking a mug from the tray and leaning back into his chair.
Neither me nor Sirius says a word, the thought of two teenage boys turning up on your door step to see your 14 year old daughter probably makes any man angry so I'm not taking my chances by trying to break the silence and make myself a bigger issue.

They both turn and look at us. "Cake dear" Mrs Evans asks. Suddenly I realise how strange this must be to them. We have to get out of here.
"Uh we can go it's fine we just wanted to get some uh some homework from lily" I say quickly, so much for not trying to break the silence. A knowing smile creeps across both their faces as they exchange a quick glance at eachother. "You came all this way to get some homework from lily" Mrs Evans asks clearly trying to refrain from laughing. I don't say a word. "Actually James here came to visit lily because he likes her so much and I just came along for the journey" Sirius says skipping over and sitting on the sofa next to Mrs Evans and taking a biscuit off the tray in front of him.
Im speechless how can he have just done that. They're going to kill me. "Padfoot I do not" I scold angrily as I glare in his direction. He doesn't even turn to look at me. "Okay prongs sure you don't"

Both Mr and Mrs Evans glance at eachother again and I know it's time to go now they haven't even spoken in like 5 minutes. "Yep we will definitely be going now, come on Sirius" I say gesturing to the door. "Oh nonsense don't be ridiculous come and sit down" Mrs potter says motioning to the chair beside her husband.

I do as I'm told and walk over silently. Once I'm seated I begin to feel even more uncomfortable, why did I even come here.
"So are you friends with lily now then" Mrs Potter questions as she moves to sit cross legged on the sofa and slumps back into the back of it, a curious look on her face as she sips her tea. "I uh well no not really" I say defeatedly. "Oh don't worry son she just takes a while to really warm up to people just give her some time" Mr Evans advises.
"Right uh thanks" I say trying to understand why these people are giving me advice on how to get on with their daughter.

"So lily told us you met on the first day at Hogwarts it that true" Mrs Evans asks joyfully. I can't help the smile that spreads across my face at the thought of lily, at the thought of her talking to them about me. "Yea right after we were sorted into our houses actually" I reply running my hand through my hair, with a goofy smile. "And you got on then" I'm sort of shocked by how interested they are about my relationship or rather lack of with lily but talking about her brings me such joy I don't really care what the reason is.
"Yea and we do sometimes I mean we do a but of the time but otherwise I think she finds me annoying" I say shyly. Wow this is weird I'm never shy, maybe it's something lils brings out in me. "Maybe but she's young she's bound to" Mrs Evans says with a smile.

The whole evening is spent talking about lily and school while Sirius stuffs his face with just about everything Mrs Evans brought out for us. They said lily should be home around 7:30 and we decided that she would most definitely be freaked out by us being here all this time so I suggested that we leave just before she gets home. I'm stood at the door with as Mrs Evans is passing Sirius all sorts of different foods that she wants him to try.

After spending today with them Iv began to really like Mr and Mrs Evans and I can clearly see why Lily's turned out so great with parents like them who wouldn't. They even started to give me a few details about lily to help me get on with her more. Merlin they're great.
"Okay so promise you won't be strangers" Mrs Evans says hugging us both. "We promise" we say in unison. "Good seeing you boys and good luck with Lils" Mr Evans beams as he shakes both out hands.

We wave goodbye once more and walk back to the car. Once inside I take a deep breath and put on my seatbelt as Sirius examines all of the new things Mrs Evans gave him to try. "Well that was weird" he laughs as he shovels something into his mouth. "I know I never thought it would go that well and lily wasn't even there" I say the shock clear in my voice. "I know mate I think you've done good there"
"Thanks Padfoot" I laugh as I start the car.