Christmas shopping

Lily's pov

It's the 17th of December and Marlene's birthday tomorrow, she's coming out later today so that she can spend some time with her family and the day tomorrow with us.

Iv been staying with the potters for a couple days and I love it. It's not the same as being at home and it makes me miss my family like mad but their doing a good job at taking my mind of that. James is taking me out for breakfast and Mar is coming at 1:00pm today. then we're all going Christmas shopping.

"Lil are you ready" James asks coming into my room. I pull my jumper over my head and examine my reflection. My hair is down in its natural curls and I'm wearing blue jeans with a green jumper and boots.
"Yea" I turn around to go with James. He smiles and takes my hand. "Come on"
"Your mum and dad already gone" I say more as I statement than a question. "Yea, padfoot and moony are downstairs"

Once in the kitchen we meet a very flustered Sirius looking terrified. He's pacing as he mixes what appears to be some sort of batter but I'm not sure. There's flour everywhere a sight which seems familiar and just about every single cupboard is wide open. Remus is slouched in a chair at the kitchen table and has his head buried in a book. "Morning"
"You ok" I ask laughing as I sit down next to Remus. "No no no everything's going wrong..she's going to be here soon and I'm not ready. I just wanted this to be nice you know I mean she..she" he wipes his arm across his forehead and slams the bowl down on the side.
"mate calm down we've been with Mar loads on her birthday before" James laughs and places a hand on his shoulder.
"Yea but this is the first time we've been together when she's stayed and I want to show that I can actually plan a nice day for us you know. I want her to know that I do really care" seeing him so desperate to impress Mar brings a wide smile to my face and I can't help but feel sorry for him, he really does try.
I stand up and walk over to stand next to him, leaning against the work top. "What else do we  need to do before she gets here"
He looks so panicked and helpless.
"Make breakfast, tidy around and get all the decorations up" I look over at James and he gives me a nod and smiles. He knows me so well. I know we're supposed to be going out for breakfast together but clearly Sirius needs us. "Right you go get ready, James will clean up and I'll make the food with Remus and then we can all get the decorations up okay?" Remus sighs and puts down his book, he's acting annoyed but I know he loves the hectic messes that Sirius creates. He turns, gives me the biggest smile possible and pulls me into a big hug. "What would I do without you Lily-flower" "I have no idea black"
He races up stairs and leaves me, Remus and James in the kitchen. "Right potter upstairs, Lupin roll up your sleeves and get over here" Remus signs again dramatically as he does as he's told and James walks over laughing as he goes and kisses my check. "Oh I love it when your demanding Evans" "just get to work" I tease pointing toward the stairs.

An hour later and me and Remus are completely finished with the food. Sirius comes racing down the stairs followed by James. "This looks great guys thanks."
"Why thank you and she is my best friend so id be doing this anyway really" I laugh.
"uh What time is it" oh god I haven't even thought about the time. Remus peers around the corner to check the large grandfather clock in the hallway and reappears looking scared. "12:30" "crap" Sirius yells as he skids out into the other room, appearing seconds later with at least 12 carrier bags in his arms. "Okay we have half an hour to get all of this stuff up and looking amazing ready" we all glance at each other."Ready" we reply in unison.

Half and hour later and the house does look pretty incredible. We've had to decorate in between the Christmas stuff but it's worked well. There're pictures of mar with all of us everywhere from first year to the last pictures we took when we were back at school a few weeks ago. We've put up banners saying happy birthday on the arch ways entering each room and a large one reading 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARLENE" on the front door. Being in Gryffindoor we alway give mar the classic red and gold colors for her birthday just like the boys have meaning it matches with the Christmas decorations and doesn't clash.
We all stand back and admire our work.
"Well I think it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself" everyone laughs and agrees just in time for a flash of green dust and smoke to appear in James living room revealing a very happy miss Marlene Mckinnon.

I push mast the boys and run to meet my best friend. "Mar" I scream tackling her to the floor, causing us both to erupt in laughter. "Having fun already" one of the boys asks from behind.
I get off her and allow the others to say hi. James and Remus both pick her up and give her a hug before her and Sirius give a very graphic display of affection. Ew.

"Right Are we going then" I ask clapping my hands together and walking back over to stand between James and Remus. "Yay Christmas shopping" mar shouts excitedly. "Oh and Alice said she and Frank are going to meet us there" "come on then we better go James says wrapping his arm around me.

We apperate and seconds latter I'm standing in a very familiar place. "Hogsmeade" I say almost like a question as I raise my eyebrows and look up at James. "Well I thought we could start here I mean there's a few good shops and if we can't find anything we'll go somewhere else" "okay" I say shrugging my shoulders and walking into the quant town with James in tow.

"Hey there's Alice and Frank" I say happily pointing towards the adorable couple sat on a bench in the snow. "Al" me and mar run up and hug her and wait for the boys to walk over to say hello as well. "No Peter?" Alice asks looking around. "Yea why isn't he coming" I add curious to why Peter wouldn't want to come, he normally does. "He said he was busy" Sirius replies shrugging his shoulders and walking on.

We all stop in the three broom sticks for a drink and to discuss what we're planning to do. "Okay so how about we split up. me, Alice and Lily can go of and get our stuff while you get yours and then we can been back here" Mar suggests taking a sip of her butter beer. "Sounds like a plan everyone okay with that" Sirius ask. We all agree and quickly finish our drinks so we can go.

"Right I'll see you later then" James says as we're stood outside about to split up to do our shopping. "Yep, bye I love you" I reach up and kiss him and go to walk away but I'm stopped my an arm on my wrist. He pulls me back and kisses me again "I love you too" he whispers in my ear before he kisses my cheek and runs of with the other boys. I'm smiling like and idiot as I walk over to Marlene and Alice, both just stare at me. "What" I question laughing.
"You two" Alice says gesturing her head in the direction James ran. "What about us" I ask absent mindlessly, kicking the snow as I walk. "Well your bloody adorable for a start" Mar answers happily. "I can't believe it's taken you this long if I'm honest"
"I know" I say grinning.
Although I'm kicking myself for not realizing how perfect me and James are for each other earlier I think now is the perfect time for us. I wouldn't want to have rushed into something when we were younger and it not have worked out.

After hours and hours of shopping we're finally done and got everything we need. We're sat on a bench outside the three broom sticks waiting for the boys as we look through the stuff we brought again, both for our selves and for other people. I hadn't had a chance to get Mar anything for her birthday before today so I head to get Alice to distract her while I got something. It's a dark red floor length dress that I know she'll love. I got it for her to wear tomorrow for the party.

"Where are they" Mar wines as she rests her head on my shoulder. We've only been waiting about 10 minutes but Mar is not the most patient of people, much like a Mr Sirius Black.
As if on que I spot them a couple meters away laughing and joking as they go. James's hair is covered in snow and he's got a pink tinge to his cheeks from the cold. He looks so cute. When he spots us he walks slightly faster than the others and wraps me in a tight hug. "Hey" I mumble into his chest. "Hey" he replies with a small laugh.

After that we say good bye to Alice and Frank and arrange for them to get to James's for 3:30 tomorrow so that Alice can get ready with me and Mar.