Chapter 11 : Pain, pain, pain. Is there something else ?

Start from the beginning

She looked at her, and she felt no hatred.

Aurora was not the culprit of the story, Stefan was. He used to be, as he was now dead, and Maleficent realized that her revenge meant nothing now that he wasn't there any more.

Her curse failed, and she had no desire to kill the young woman.

She left the place, and walked into the castle, still invisible.

She intended to go, first, but then, she recognized someone she didn't see since years.

Someone who talked to her.

"Hello Maleficent, said Briar Rose with a melancholic tone."

"How... How do you see me ?"

She revealed herself then, astonished that she had been perceived by the queen.

"I know you... I know when you're here. It had been a long time."

"Yes."

Maleficent and Briar Rose used to love Stefan, before he broke and destroyed everything, but they also loved each other.

Well, it had been a long time ago, as Briar Rose said it.

And now, it was like it used to be, almost.

"If you want to kill me, do it now, okay ? Don't try to hurt my daughter again, she has nothing to do with this mess."

"I know Briar Rose, I perfectly know it... I am not here to kill you."

"I didn't help you while I could... You cursed me and you cursed my daughter... I think we hurt each other enough, don't you think ?"

"I do."

They smiled to each other, in a shy way.

It wasn't really peace, not right now, but something more like a truce.

§§§§

In another place of the realm, things weren't that good, for a certain person.

Princess Snow White.

This one was unhappy, a thing that all the people who would have known her story would have understood.

After all, she was chased by her evil step-mother, she was in the woods, and except Red and the eight dwarfs, she had no one.

She was almost alone.

But, it wasn't the thing that hurt her the most in that moment, oh no.

The princess was in love, an impossible love, and she wanted just one thing : get rid off this.

And there was only one person who could help her, who would make the pain stop.

Who would help her fix her broken heart.

Rumplestiltskin.

The Dark One.

All the people still didn't know that the Dark One was gone, and the princess-bandit was one of them.

She needed help.

She needed a cure.

She would pay anything to have it, to forget the prince, no matter the price

It was a love without any hope, she knew she couldn't support this pain any more.

"Rumplestiltskin ! Rumplestiltskin ! Rumplestiltskin !"

Yes, his personal curse had been broken, but he could still be called.

The sorcerer as the princess both had an air of surprise. Him, because he had been called without expecting it, and her, because he didn't look like what he was supposed to be.