01: keep going

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Or what?"

Lee Jeno, a Seventeen year old boy, with messy black hair and a bruise under his left eye leaned into one of his friends. Their noses bumping into each other.

A snicker left the mouth of his friend, Lee Donghyuck. "You going to kiss me or what?" Latter announced and breathed into Jeno's face. "Ugh, what have you been drinking?"

Donghyuck laughed. "Found some booze in my stepdads office. He didn't notice I stole it." Donghyuck laughed and looked over to his best friend, Huang Renjun who was quietly sitting on a couch reading a book.

Donghyuck smiles and scooted over to him, leaving Jeno alone. "What's up with that frown?" He asked ruffling the Chinese lads hair. "I'm worried about Jaemin. He's probably getting beaten up right now. That's why he's late."

"Don't get your panties in a knot, Junie. Loverboy will come soon enough." Jeno teased the one month older boy. "Oh shut up." Renjun sighed and patted his heart over his chest. „You know we don't mean it like that, Junie!" Jeno walked over and sat down between Renjun and Donghyuck earning a slap in the face by Donghyuck. The two started bickering again and Renjun sighed.

He had just turned eighteen and his parents had given him a Vespa for his birthday. Did he wanted to get spoiled on his birthday? No. All he wanted to hang out with his friends in their little hideout and forget the world and that he had to go to the hospital in a few days again.

"Did you try out the Vespa already?" Jeno asked after hitting Donghyuck in the chin. "No. And I don't intend to use it. I want my parents to take it back." His voice was quiet and Donghyuck sighed and hugged his best friend. "You need to smile more!" Then he quickly stood up and walked over to his beat up bag pack and took out a half-full bottle of Jaegermeister. "That's good stuff my stepdad got from Germany. It knocks you right off your feet." Donghyuck held the bottle towards Renjun.

"If you want to kill him then go on."

All the boys turned to the door of their hideout and saw the last piece of their squad, Na Jaemin, standing in the doorframe.

"Nana, where have you been?" Renjun jumped up, looking a bit too obvious and sat down again. "Ah, the parents needed to let out their anger again." He sighed and stepped into the dim light of the room.

His face was completely bruised and a fresh cut was on his lips. "I hate them. I was just on my way out when that douche of a father grabbed me by the hood and smashed me against the cupboard only because Mum didn't agree on having sex last night." Jaemin rolled his eyes and took the bottle of Jaeger out of Donghyuck's hand and took a big sip.

Jeno, Donghyuck and Renjun watched him. "How can you even sleep in peace in that house?" Renjun asked petting the space next to him. Jaemin let himself fall on the couch and leaned his head back, his orange beanie almost falling off his head.

Renjun watched him quietly and sighed before looking back into his book.

"What are we even doing?" Jaemin asked after a while. "We always run away from home and meet her because it suffocated us. But why?"

"Because we need to keep going and going. We can't give up." Jeno answered and looked through his bag pack searching for the chewing gum he had stolen earlier that day.

"At least you won't get beaten up or have a weak heart." Donghyuck said pushing Jeno in a old dustbin. "Can you stop?!" Jeno screeched and Donghyuck chuckled.

"We all hate life, ok? Not only the ones who are sick and get beaten." Jeno whispered quietly and stuffed the gum in his mouth.

Yo! Inês here! With the first chapter of "Basket Case". The Dreamies really inspired me to finally sit down and write the first chapter.

As you can see it is pretty short. I decided to keep the chapters around 500~600 words. After talking to xiurious and firstly deciding on a Storytelling-Kind of story I put some thought into it and decided why not try this type once.

I want to focus on certain scenes and being the attention to them so I am excited to see how that works.

Anyways, thanks for reading so far! I hope you liked it!

— Inês, 2018.03.06