21

21||Dynasty: The Building
“ Nature's gift. ”

Eun-Ji spent the rest of the day avoiding the Princess while Sook Myung followed her around Hwarang residence.

Ji Dwi discreetly followed the two ladies like a guard with Pa-O beside him. He crossed his arms in front of his chest as he eyed his sister as she follow Eun-Ji.

“ I think she really is Ji Eun, pe ha. ”
Pa-O said.

Ji Dwi looked at him. Pa-O saw something in his eyes, something he had never seen before.
“ You cannot say she is Ji Eun. ” he said.

Pa-O looked at him, weirdly. “ Pe ha, what evidence do you need? It is obvious, the Queen sent her here to be an official physician, she doesn't look anything like her brother or sister and now Princess Sook Myung is following her around. ”

Ji Dwi looked as if he just woke up from reality, he once again looked at Pa-O with sad eyes.

Pa-O sighed inwardly as he look at his young king. “ Pe ha, is there something bothering you? Are you alright? ”

Ji Dwi scoffed discreetly at his question. He doesn't know if he is alright. “ Pa-O...I think I shouldn't have been born... ”

Pa-O looked at him with wide eyes.

Ji Dwi looked ahead and watched
Eun-Ji. “ If I am a nobody...I can have everything I want and need,  but as a King...I could not let myself get close to the one I need. I couldn't even reach the one my heart yearns for. ”
He watched as Eun-Ji pick flowers for medicinal purposes.

Pa-Oh saw the  longing in his eyes as he watch the physician. “ Pe ha...are you...” he gulped and moved closer to whisper. “ Do you like the physician? ”

Ji Dwi didn't give any signs.

“ What if she is her majesty? ” Pa-O asked.

Ji Dwi looked at him and thought for a second. “ I would not fall for her if she is. ”

“ Pe Ha... ” Pa-O grew anxious.

Ji Dwi just sent him a look that says he's mind cannot be changed.

||Time Skip||

Days passed with Eun-Ji avoiding and pushing Sook Myung away despite her efforts to get close to her. She had been irritable since then. She could not stay in one place to have a moment of silence.

Ji Dwi had been observing the two. He was surprised and became curious about Eun-Ji, something he could not know why or how.

The festival is near and Eun-Ji felt anxious. She knew she'll have to play smarter now that Sook Myung is always following her.

But all those plans and lies in her mind disappeared when a wave of dizziness hit her. She stopped on her tracks as her hand fly up in attempt to touch her forehead but failed to do so as she let out a breath and fell to the ground, unconscious.

Sook Myung's eyes widened in horror and immediately went to her aid while Ji Dwi ran as fast as he could to get to Eun-Ji. And when he did, he lifted her upper body and put his hand on her cheek.

“ Eun-Ji! ” He knew she couldn't hear him and won't wake up so he carried her to the physician's house leaving Sook Myung standing there as she watch him take Eun-Ji away.

“ What is happening? ” she asked herself.