I grinned. "That's awesome. My mom's spoiling me, though. She's stayed home from work for the two days I was out until I forced her to go out -" I stopped abruptly as my eyes fell on David, stepping forward from the back. I had seen him when they came in but he had remained in the background until now. "Today," I concluded when I realized that I had stopped mid-sentence.

I knew this wasn't going to go unnoticed and since I was with all my closest friends, they wouldn't shut up about it either.

Michael -  being Michael who could never keep his mouth shut - spoke up. "Have you both even spoken since you broke up?"

Okay. Smooth, Michael. Smooth.

"Technically, yes," I said. David had stopped on his way over to me and I couldn't help but look at him worriedly.

"Literally, technically," Tia muttered. If this didn't feel like a deer-in-the-headlights moment, I would have laughed.

"What do you mean?" Michael inquired.

"They've only texted, apparently," Tia said.

"Please stop talking like we're not in the room," David grumbled.

"Uh, you were hiding at the back," Zoey said flatly. "Way to make your presence known."

"Past tense," David said simply.

"Well, I think you both need to get over this," Michael said. "If not for yourself, then at least for us."

To my surprise, it was Jason who spoke. And to my even bigger surprise, my heart did, what I could only call, a somersault at his voice. "They've been broken up two days. Cut them some slack."

Michael sighed dramatically. "You guys are like a part of the newly-singles clu- Hey!"

I was beginning to get annoyed at being unable to have say in the conversation that was partly about me and Michael was being a little too straight-forward. I couldn't resist doing the classic pillow-slap.

"Shut up," I ordered, simultaneously fighting the urge to laugh.

"That was awesome!" David declared and the look of victory on his face made me lose all self control and start laughing.

David looked surprised for a second before he joined in. Eventually, everyone was reduced to hysterics, until Jason screamed, "Guys! Why are we laughing?"

Everyone paused. "Ask, Kirsten," said Michael. I just shrugged, having no proper reply. That triggered the laughter virus yet again.

It took a while fo everyone to stop and get back to normal. I could David's eye and he smiled.

"You both gonna talk already?" Michael asked.

"Do you want to get hit by a pillow again?" David retorted smoothly.

Michael rolled his eyes and I turned back to David. Swiftly, I climbed down the bed and approached him. He smiled as I stood on my tiptoes and wrapped my arms around him. He reciprocated the gesture, holding me tight for a few seconds before releasing me.

Michael let out a low whistle. "Finally," he said before screaming out again. Another pillow had hit him. "Tia!"

"Shut your mouth for once," Tia told him, making me laugh.

"The girlfriend's orders, Mike," I warned him, teasing. "Better watch out."

"I got that," he muttered.

"Anyway," David said, his voice sounding louder and joyous, very much like himself. "What are we doing now?"

"Movie?" I suggested. Everyone nodded in the affirmative. "Which one?"