20

20||Dynasty: The Building
“ Ji Eun. ”

한번도 너를 꿈꾼 적 없어
가슴아 그 사람 사랑하지 마

I’ve never dreamed about you
Heart, please don’t love that person

Ji Dwi watched  from a distance as Soo Ho and Eun-Ji talked on the bridge. It's a bit weird for him to be standing where he was right now since he was standing in the same place as his mother when she saw him and A-ro. Now he is seeing Soo Ho and Eun-Ji at his and A-ro's place.

He remembered it. When he used her as a pillow to sleep and the way she always talks about her brother.

He remembered the first time he talked to Eun-Ji, the curious look she gave him when she saw no bandages or scratch on him.

But all those wonderful reminiscing of his memories of her was abruptly stopped and broke then faded away when he saw Soo Ho kiss the woman he's yearning for. The woman he's loving in his memories.

He felt as if the world turned grey, the air stopped blowing, the flowers looked dull, and the place where
Eun-Ji and Soo Ho was standing on was all he could see. Ji Dwi felt his heart broke.

His grip on the fence tightened as his breathing became hitched due to his lungs tightening. He asked himself why, why he had to have these feelings for her, why he feels so many things whenever she's near, he knew he shouldn't feel that way if she is his sister, he knew he wouldn't feel that way if she is Princess Ji Eun. He turned his back on the sight and walked away trying to figure out his feelings for her.

“ That is right, I won't feel this towards her if she is Ji Eun. ” he thought to himself. “ I am done denying my feelings for you. I am done trying to replace you. ”

베어낼수록 점점 커져가

너 없는 하루도 견딜 수 없어

The more I cut you out, the bigger you get
I can’t stand a single day without you

|| Time Skip||

Soo Ho slowly pulled away from
Eun-Ji who was still. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

Eun-Ji didn't know what to do. She wanted to cry but no tears flowed out of her eyes. She looked at him in disbelief.

“ Did I do something wrong? ” Soo Ho asked.

Eun-Ji lost her voice. She gathered all her strength to move out of her frozen state and turned her back on him then ran away.

Soo Ho took a step forward to follow her but his legs were planted on the ground. He watched in pain as the woman he likes run away from his heart, however a part of him hate himself for kissing her and he doesn't know why.

“ Who is she? ” a monotone voice asked him.

Soo Ho slowly turned around to be met by Princess Sook Myung. Her eyes was commanding him with such force.

Soo Ho didn't mind that because of what he's feeling right at the moment but he forced himself to bow to her.
“ She is...Eun-Ji the physician here in Hwarang house. ” the mere thought of her name pains him but he managed to say it.

While Soo Ho's heart ache hearing and thinking of the physician's name, Princess Sook Myung's heart leapt in excitement at the sound of Eun-Ji's name. Her usual emotionless face morphed into satisfaction and became more lively.

A small smile crept on her face.
“ One more step and I will finally be beside you, eonni. ” she thought.

||Time Skip||

Eun-Ji sat quietly inside the physician's house or what she call nowadays, her house. She had been thinking about whst happened earlier between her and Soo Ho. She likes him but it was just a small crush at first and now she only want him as a friend. So bad that she forgot about his feelings for her. She knew she feels something towards Ji Dwi and not Soo Ho.

“ Eonni... ” a voice called.

Eun-Ji was snapped back into reality and looked at the direction of the voice to see Princess Sook Myung, the gift from the Queen and the last person she wanted to see right at the moment. She sighed in exhaustion. Sook Myung reminded her of her problems.

Sook Myung noticed her sigh as if she was the last person Eun-Ji wanted to see and guilt rushed through her. Eun-Ji stood up and bowed to her.
Sook Myung furrowed her brows.

“ E-Eonni, you are a princess...you are my sister...you need not... ” her voice faltered when Eun-Ji's eyes darted to hers. Sook Myung thought her eyes held anger and resentment when the truth is, Eun-Ji was just tired of her problems.

“ Gongju, I am not-”

“ Jwoesonghamnida, eonni. I know you resent me for leaving you, but it was our Mother's order. I was...”

“ You don't need to apologize, jonha. You have nothing to apologize for. ” Eun-Ji said.
“ Are you wounded? Are you in pain? Do you need medicine? ”

“ She is treating me like a stranger... ”
Sook Myung thought. She slowly approached her and put her arms around her, embracing her.

Eun-Ji remained still, standing as Sook Myung embrace her. She knew a hug was all she desperately needed nowadays for her to break her facade and cry her heart out. Her eyes watered as tears threatened to spill. Eun-Ji took a few quick and deep breaths to stop herself from feeling, keeping her emotions at bay.

Then came to the point where she knew she no longer can keep her emotions at bay.  She gently removed Sook Myung's arms around her with shaking hands.

Sook Myung looked at her sister. She too was close to crying thinking her sister resent her.
“ Ji Eun-eonni... ” she called in a quiet voice, desperate for her forgiveness.

Eun-Ji would've stayed and try to tend to the Princess but hearing that name once again reminded her of her problems and lies to do. The things she had been desperate to escape from even just for a few minutes. She knew she can't stand it so she bowed to the princess in front of her. “ If you do not mind, I have somewhere else to be. I must leave, jonha. ” she turned her back and walked away from Sook Myung who watched with watery eyes begging for her sister to come back.

“ Jwoesonghamnida, I am not the person you think I am and mianhamnida, I cannot let you know. ”
Eun-Ji thought as she do the thing she do best today, running away.