"that's our cue to leave." dylan says loudly and grabs zayn's hand again, pulling him away. "i swear to god, he's always trying to recruit someone."

"could his shirt get any tighter?" zayn snickers. he swears his pecks were going to pop out of his shirt any second. he wasn't buff, but he looked like it because of his too small shirts.

"you should see him at work. these are considered his shirts that fit." dylan leads them to the snacks table. zayn's eye flicker over to where liam last was, but he wasn't sitting there anymore. dylan hands him a flute of what zayn assumes is champagne. "i'm going to be drinking a lot of these." he says before chugging it down. dylan then takes zayn's champagne and drinks it as well.

"what's the point of drinking so much? i mean, this is an office party."

"saves me from going insane because of this lame ass party." dylan says and grabs another flute. "i mean, look. nobody's dancing." dylan points to the 'dance floor' where no one is standing. there's a small table with a laptop that is hooked up to the speaker, blaring all the basic songs that have made it on the radio.

"how about you go out there and start dancing?" zayn suggests. it'd be a sight to see.

"get a little more alcohol in me and i just might." dylan grabs the last two flutes of champagne off the table and chugs them down.

"i didn't know you could bring dates to these type of things." zayn and dylan turn around to see liam standing behind them.

dylan looks over his left shoulder, his right shoulder, and then turns around completely. "wow. you're actually talking to me?" dylan raises his eyebrows. "it's because you're here." he tells zayn, not even trying to lower his voice.

"are you always this wild when you're intoxicated?" zayn asks him.

"you haven't seen anything yet, pretty boy." dylan smirks before turning his attention back to liam. liam looks good. fucking perfect actually and all zayn wants is to reach out and touch him, kiss him, anything. "as for you, i didn't really ask if i could bring one, but when they're as hot as zayn, they don't really care."

"is that so?" liam says mockingly. liam doesn't even try to hide his bitterness and zayn finds this amusing because oh how the tables have turned.

"i'll be back." dylan says. he then points a finger at liam. "keep your hands to yourself." he says before stumbling off to god knows where.

"you sure are rubbing this in my face, aren't you?" liam asks once it's just him and zayn.

"i don't know what you're talking about." zayn says.

"oh you don't?" liam scoffs and crosses his arms. "you're not rubbing you and dylan in my face?"

"nope." zayn wants to tell him that there isn't a relationship between him and dylan, but dylan said it would ruin the whole plan and louis said he would beat his ass if he did.

"why did you come here with him?"

"because he asked me to be his date." zayn says simply. he's lying. zayn wasn't even going to come until dylan said that liam was going to be here.

there was a short pause in the music before tank's when we starts playing through the speakers.

"dance with me zayn." dylan says and pulls zayn away from liam.

"i don't dance." zayn says and pulls against dylan. "and isn't this song a little inappropriate for an office party?"

"so? what are they going to do? fire me?" dylan pulls zayn towards and wraps his arms around his neck.