XI. One takoyaki closer to a disaster

What was this feeling? I felt at peace. I was so relaxed I didn't even want to move a muscle. I was sitting somewhere soft, probably a cloud, snuggled up in a warm blanket. Was I back to being a baby? No, that couldn't be real - there already was a time when I was a baby.

But I was too lazy to open my eyes and see, probably harsh, reality. I wanted to enjoy this sensation of someone's hands going through my hair. It reminded me about my early years how mom braided my hair for school. Was my hair clean? Oh yeah, they were still a bit damp and smelled like pomegranates.

Suddenly, warm hands left me, leaving my head vulnerable to cold air. I wanted to grab on to them, but couldn't - blanket was wrapped really tightly around me, just like a straitjacket.
"Mom... Don't leave..." I mumbled sluggishly. After a few moments, I heard a click and felt hot air all around me.

Warm hands returned and made sure to go through every inch of my hair. I sat there, enjoying the the sensation.

§Reiji's POV§

When I pulled up my sleeves, I wrapped the girl into my blanket, making sure to secure her hands to her sides. Unconsciously performed movements of her limbs might be quite a bother in the near future.

Then I forced her to sit up, securing her position with some pillows. For a moment she looked like a baby - helpless, defenseless, and with a drool soon to be going down her chin.

I took out the hair tie and undid her braid. I didn't have a hairbrush nearby at the moment so I used my fingers to comb her still damp hair.

What an idiot to go to sleep with wet hair. Sick sacrificial bride is a problem for all of us. And Laito is no better than her. Didn't he know that humans are fragile and can die easily from the simplest things? Overdose on drugs is one of them. Good thing I had an antidote near by or she would have died because of a heart attack.
I need a blow dryer.

I stood up and left the mumbling girl alone on my bed. I think she was having some delusions caused by the drugs, because she just called me her mother. I had to use all of my willpower to not slap her for this insult, but what she said next was a good compensation for the disgusting words. She really was like a small baby, still dependent on her mother. Seeing her weak like this made me regret not having a video camera.

Thinking about the humiliation I'd force her to go through made my day. But I had no time to imagine things - she was trying to escape from her restraining. I had a blow dryer somewhere in my bathroom, so I walked there and got it.

When I came back and started working on her hair - she relaxed even more. It seemed like she was melting with every single touch I made. I think I used too much relaxants on her. I checked her pulse to make sure if her heart wasn't starting to slow down to a dangerous level, but she seemed just fine. Seriously - father will have to pay extra for this.

Here - she seemed ready for sleep and I was ready to hunt down the idiot who caused all of this nonsense. I just have to lay her down once again. She still had this moronic smile on her face when I started to unwrap her like an unwanted Christmas present.

"Awww, what a cute puppy." She squealed as she threw her hands into my hair starting to rub it vigorously.
"You're so fluffy and big. You're such a good boy, aren't you?" Now she was making that silly voice you use with babies, animals and morons. And the last time I checked - I was neither of those.

"Let go of me you imbecile!" I tried to push her hands away from my hair, but she somehow found her way to my ears.
"Doggy, don't bark, or I will punish you. It would be a shame if someone were to..." Her voice suddenly changed into a dark, threatening one, "rip off your cute soft ears." That's nonsense. I was a vampire - it was impossible for her to harm me. She made sure to slowly twist my ears in opposite direction to prove her point. I had no other choice, but to shamefully obey.