The no-miracle Christmas

Christmas decorations - check.
Christmas tree...

*THUD*

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
"I don't know, maybe I'm trying to hold this enormous tree in it's place while you're just FUCKING AROUND!"
"Come on, Subaru, I thought you were stronger than that."
"Ayato, one day you will disappear and no one will notice you're missing."

...check.
Homemade Christmas decorations - check. Now, all we need is a tint of holiday spirit and some peaceful time with the family and loved ones...

*SLAM*

"Don't touch my balls, you pervert!"
"Nfu~ But they are so cute and shiny."
"Listen, Laito, I've been working on them for so long, I don't want you to ruin them so hands off. Now."
"I didn't know our Subaru-kun would be so sensitive about a matter like this."

Once again they were fighting over Christmas decorations. I taught them how to make their own decorations and surprisingly, Subaru was very interested in this activity. Of course, he was saying that I was forcing him to do this, but Subaru was eager to get his hands into some glitter and glue.

He also did a pretty good job and others were probably getting jealous of it. Acting like a bunch of brats a few days before Christmas... They might be a family, but not the most peaceful one.

Preparing for Christmas with six vampires felt like a scenario from reverse harem anime. Although usually, MC had a sidekick, someone or something to help her, but I had nothing.

These holidays were the first ones without my family and friends.

Earlier today I talked to my mom via phone. She said she had too much work and couldn't visit me for holidays. Even thought I suggested going to see her myself, she was against it. I don't understand... I haven't seen her for so long and yet, mom refused to talk to me even on skype.

I also called my best friend Lea earlier today, but no one picked up the phone. She might be ignoring me. I probably got a bit too annoying and clingy so she muted her phone. I guess she's better off without me anyways. I mean, I don't think that I'm a good friend - I left her alone, after all. But I don't think she misses me that much anyways. There are a lot of people better than me. Smarter than me. More caring.

We promised each other to stay in touch and to be friends forever no matter what. Distance was just a little hindrance we could destroy with a phone and Internet connection. Even if we didn't have Internet, there were always old fashioned letters. We sent each other a few just for fun.

But I started to notice one thing - she wouldn't be online as much anymore. I do understand her - she has school to study for, really hard competitions to get ready for.

But still... This feeling. This sickening feeling that one of the most precious people of my life is slowly getting further and further away from me makes my head spin. Our friendship is slipping away from me like a dry sand from my fingers. No matter what I do - it's slowly disappearing.

I know that I'm probably not that important to her, but it still hurts like hell and Christmas is not making this feeling any better.

"Oi, Hahanashi, hurry up with the decorations. We don't have all night, you know." Ayato's voice snapped me out of my thoughts for a little bit.
"Coming."

"STOP! Don't step on my Christmas ball!" Today Kanato was in a good mood to set up a fir tree. Of course, some bribing with ginger cookies had to be performed to make him behave, but his usual snappy behavior was more under control... Until now that is.